Assurance(Audelia POV)

My heart beat faster as I looked up at him. I was taken by surprise, although I knew it was coming soon enough. I had thought he would want to wait, to get over his son's death first, but perhaps what he needed was to have something take his mind off it, and make him whole again. I had always dreamt of him asking me those four small, insignificant words, but when they are put together, it was the biggest question of my life. 

"Yes", I breathed out, and his once sad, green orbs, turned happy. They were sparkling and shining as he let go of his walking stick, and pulled me in a bone crushing hug. I laughed out in relief, as I hugged Jaime back with the same energy.

He had stopped wearing his golden hand ever since he arrived here, although he still tried to cover it or hide it from me, he was slowly, but surely becoming for comfortable around me. Although, he was still very embarrassed whenever I had to help him dress. But I didn't mind it. I loved him, and I would do anything for him. 

"Yes, I will marry you, Jaime Lannister", I whispered into his ear.

We stayed in a hug for a long moment, he whispered me promises for the future. That he would never leave me, that he would always try to make me happy, that he would keep me safe and stay by my side no matter what. That our children would grow up happy, and that he would try his best to be the best husband and father possible. I knew that what he was saying was the truth. I trusted him with everything, my life, my baby's life, my kingdom. Absolutely everything.

"I love you so much, Lilibet", murmured Jaime as he pulled away slightly. He swayed a little on his feet and I quickly grabbed his walking stick, giving it to him. It would take him a little while to heal completely, but we had time. We could wait. We had the rest of our lives.

"I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you, my lion", I whispered back, rubbing his hairy cheek. 

There was a time, when I absolutely despised him, for everything his family did to mine. For every misfortune, I had to blame someone and I blamed him. I remember how I used to insult him, hit him when he would make a stupid advance, or yell at him. I wish I had never done that. I wished that I had realized what an amazing person he was earlier, so we could have skipped forward, and already be married. Perhaps I would never have gotten sold to the Boltons. Then again, I would never have been able to take back my home. The North.

"Would you be able to be happy here? In the North?", I asked, genuinely concerned for his answer. What if he wouldn't be? What would I do? Would I have to leave my Kingdom? Or would I have to leave Jaime?

Love over Duty.

Or duty over love.

"I have to say that it isn't my favourite place in the world", he began and I cast my eyes down to the ground, disappointed. "But I do believe that with time, and patience I could learn to love it just as fiercely as you do".

I smiled brightly at his answer, wanting to fling myself into his arms again but someone cleared their throat behind Jaime. We both turned to see who it was and I had to refrain from sighing out loud.

"Lord Baelish", I greeted him with a clenched jaw, and a tight grasp on Jaime's hand. I could see that he wanted to attack Littlefinger right here and there. The fury in his eyes terrified his opponents, but not me. I had learned the best way to deal with it, to calm him down. He always listened to me, unlike others.

"Your grace. My lord", he greeted back, bowing a little to each of us. His smug smile never leaving his face. "I am glad that you are getting better, you had us worried that you wouldn't come through for some time. Please, accept my deepest condolences about your... nephew", continued Littlefinger, taking a pause before the last word. I knew he knew about Jaime fathering the three children, and Jaime hated that. I could practically see steam coming out of Jaime's ears.