The Battle Of The Bastards (Jaime POV)

I woke up next to my beloved. She slept so soundlessly, the sunlight hit her face, making her skin look so absolutely perfect. Somehow her hair was not a mess, only a little tangled. I had fallen asleep quickly but she might have had trouble.

I watched her rising and falling chest, and rested my flesh hand on her slightly rounded belly. It was proof that our child was growing. That it was alive. I had to keep it alive. I made an oath to myself. To keep Audelia and our child safe, no matter the outcome.

How could I have ended up with such an amazing, and perfect woman? Me? An oathbreaker, a dishonorable, one handed Kingslayer? I don't deserve her. And she deserves so much more than me, but yet she chose me. Out of all men. I had to prove to her that she chose right, although I didn't believe it. But Bronn was right, I had to stop wallowing in self-pity, and grow a pair.

If we lost the battle, I would take her far away from the North. Casterly Rock perhaps. Although Cercei could get to her easily. Then we would cross the Narrow Sea to Essos, as far away from Cercei and her pack of dogs as possible. 

If we won... I would stay by her side no matter what. I didn't like the North, and the North didn't like me but Audelia was my home. King's Landing, or Casterly Rock never felt right. I was there only because I had nowhere else to go, but now I have a real home, and a real family. With time, perhaps I would get to love the North as much as Audelia does.

Audelia began to stir, and she opened her eyes, staring at me. She looked tired but she had this sparkle in her eye whenever she looked at me. She said I had the same one in my eyes. 

Love.

"Morning, my beautiful Lilibet", I whispered, giving her a kiss. She smiled weakly at me, and pulled me carefully close to her. I could tell she was agitated, scared, uncomfortable.

"We have to get up. The meeting is soon. Although, you don't have to come-", I begin but she gives me a look that means to shut up. 

"Jaime, sweetheart, I'm coming", she whispered, cupping my face, and giving me a small kiss.

She quickly got up and began dressing herself. I watched her for a moment, smiling softly to myself, but then I also got up and began dressing myself. I had less trouble than before with one hand, but it still took longer than when I had two hands. I was embarrassed that when Audelia was already ready to go, I had only gotten my breeches and one shoe on.

"Let me help", offered Audelia, kneeling down and tying my other shoe. I reddened by her actions, although it warmed me. She deserves someone better, not an old cripple.

She got up when she finished, noticing how quiet I was. She always did. 

"My lion", she whispered, pressing a firm, affectionate kiss to my cheek. She went over to her small table, getting one of her daggers and strapping it to her belt, and the other dagger, hidden in her sleeve.

Finally, I got ready, and we both headed out of the tent. I was nervous, and I could tell Audelia was too, but she was hiding it.

"Keep her safe", I said to Brienne as I watched Audelia bid her farewell's to Jon, and Lord Tully.

"I will try", she replied, then I felt her nudge me with something, and I turned around. She was holding the sword I had gifted her.

"No, it's your sword", I argued but she forcefully gave it to me.

"You need to return to Lady Stark.", she argued back and sighed. "The sword should help you".

I nodded, strapping the sword to my belt with little help from Brienne.