Duty Over Love(Audelia POV)

"Just promise me that you won't take your anger out on the Lannisters", I said sternly as I followed my father slowly to the court. I had insisted that he take another day to rest but he declined. He was struggling with walking and looked much paler than usual but insisted that he was fine.

"I'm not angry, nor will I unjustifiably take anything out on them", replied my father and I nodded.

We entered the throne room, and everybody's heads turned towards us. Sansa and Arya didn't want to come, so I decided to accompany father to make sure that he didn't do anything stupid, not that he usually does, but he is a stubborn man. 

I joined the crowd at the very front, as my father climbed the stairs and sat down on the Iron Throne. He grimaced for a second, and I knew he hated that thing but King Robert did order it, so he must obey.

 He grimaced for a second, and I knew he hated that thing but King Robert did order it, so he must obey

Maestar Pycelle sat down to the left of my father and Lord Baelish sat down to the right. He looked at me with a smile but I ignored him and continued looking defiantly at my father.

"Bring the first one in", ordered my father and the guards obeyed. Some men, who looked like farmers entered the throne room, sad looks on their faces. They began talking about something but I blocked their voices out. 

I looked out of the high windows where the sunlight was shining through. It was a happy day, I was supposed to be happy but I wasn't. I was worried, and mad, and sad at the same time. Jaime still hasn't returned from wherever he went after attacking my father, so I still couldn't confront him about what he did. What if he was in danger? I doubted it, if there was even a possibility of him being endangered, Cercei and their father Tywin would have send their whole army to retrieve him.

I missed him. Although I barely know him, and haven't even decided if I hated him or was ready to love him. But I missed his cocky behavior, his smirks, his smug voice, the way his armour clanged together creating an annoying sound, his stupid remarks, everything. But I knew I shouldn't. There was no possible future for the both of us. I was a lady of age, ready to be married off, while he was thrice my age, a King's Guard and would never be able to marry. Not to mention the fact that he has three bastard children, and sleeps with his sister.

Why did I keep thinking that there may be something out there? I'm being stupid.

"I cannot give you back your homes, or restore your dead to life, but perhaps I can give you justice in the name of our King, Robert. Lord Beric Dondarrion", announced my father, snapping me back to reality. Lord Beric took a step forward from the crowd and looked up at my father. "You shall have the command. Assemble 100 men and ride to Ser Gregor's keep", ordered my father and my eyes widened. He was talking about the mountain, why would he want him?

"As you command", complied Lord Beric and took a step back to his place. My father stands up, struggling but still looking strong with the help of his stick.

"In the name of Robert of the House Baratheon, the first of his name, King of the Andals and the first men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and protector of the realm, I charge you to bring the King's justice to the false knight Gregor Clegane and all those who shared in his crimes. I denounce him and attaint him.", announced my father and many people gasped but I nodded, accepting his decision. Over the years, I have learned not to question his decisions, as they were the right ones, always. No matter what, my father always did what was right. That was why he was so respected. "I strip him of all ranks and titles, of all lands and holdings, and sentence him to death".