The Winds Of Winter(Audelia POV)

Maester Wolkan took Jaime, requesting that no one entered the chambers until he said it was clear. I was on the verge of tears, as I waited impatiently for the news saying he was either well, or dead.

It was my fault. I shouldn't have let him fight in the stupid battle. Now I might lose him once more. But this time, perhaps forever.

What would I do without him? He sacrificed everything for me. He left his home, his family, his everything for me. He left his potential Lordship over Casterly Rock, his Wardenship of the West. His birthright because of ME. He accepted me even when I told him I was carrying Ramsay's child. And now he was potentially dead. Because of me.

I was like poison.

Father died while I was in King's Landing with him.

Robb and Mother died while I was with them at the Twins.

Poor, innocent Rickon died because of me. Maybe if I hadn't escaped when I had, I could have saved Rickon. He could be alive, right now.

What would Father say if he were here? Or maybe he wouldn't say anything, just shake his head in disappointment. 

"He'll be aight", tried to comfort me Uncle. He put a hand on my shoulder but I shrugged it off, not wanting to be comforted right now.

I saw Rickon's poor body being carried in through the gates. Arrows were sticking out of him, but he was dead. A tear slipped down my cheek.

Another sibling I failed to protect.

I needed to work. To get my mind off of things. 

"Have the dead bodies buried by common standards, and announce to the folk that Winterfell has been retaken by the Starks", I order Ser Davos, who nods and walk away. I turn to look at the few servants that were inside the castle, and give them orders to clean everything, and replace every single fur, fabric, and bed. I did not want any kind of reminder on who used to live here.

"Congratulations, you are back home", I heard a voice behind me say. I turned to the man.

"Thank you Lord Baelish. Without your forces, we could not have achieved that", I reply, faking my smile. 

"I am truly sorry, for what happened, Audelia. I did not anticipate that happening. I hope you can understand that", he continued and I nodded stiffly. He helped us win this battle, I could not not show some kind of gratitude.

"How is my nephew? I do have to thank him for providing the forces", I say, and Baelish seemed to withdraw a little.

"Back home, at the Eyrie. I did not think that a lord of his age should see the things that happened today. I did not want to traumatize him", replied Lord Baelish.

"I will write a letter then", I continue. "You are welcome to stay as long as you would like.".

"Thank you, my lady", he replied, taking my hand in his and kissing my knuckles. He walked away towards his guards, to do gods know what, while I walked around giving different orders.

Jon was taking a bath, while I send some guards to get Sansa, and the rest of the wildlings to come stay by the walls of Winterfell. They helped us win the war as well, now it was time for us to repay them. The ravens have also been sent out to the different Lords, and Lady's. They would be arriving tomorrow.

I went inside the castle, to the main room. The High Table. I remember the feasts that were held in this room. I would be forced to sit up there with my family, as Jon sat on the opposite side of the room. I remember begging my father to let Jon sit with us. I begged my mother but she always shut me down.