Ch. 17 - Mom

I sit up and she pulls me to her. She cups my cheeks and kisses me one last time. We smile and I kiss her forehead.

"Before we go, I want to get to know you more. About your life, what you do, past girlfriends, and what you'd like to be when you're out of college!" She blurts out.

"I will...but for another time. Okay, Sana?"

She pouts and then nods.

We stand up from her bed and I fix my clothes. I run my hand through my hair to make it look nice after laying down. Sana does the same.

Sana looks at me and giggles.

"What's funny?" I ask.

She doesn't respond but instead she licks her thumb and wipes it around my lips. Uhhh...is the only thing I thought.

"You have lipstick all around your lips." She grins.

"HUH?" I sprint to her mirror on the wall and check myself. Light red lipstick is all over my mouth. As if I got my soul sucked out. Literally.

Sana grabs a make up wipe and wipes it off for me. I smile and look back to the mirror. Alright, it's gone.

"Thanks...for the free lipstick." I say.

She grabs my right arm and pulls me closer to her.

"I didn't want to tell you actually. I wanted it to show when we get out." She says quietly.

"What?! Do you want me to get slapped by your members?" I ask jokingly.

"They won't be slapping you, Y/N, they'll be slapping me!" She laughs.

"Maybe you're right." I laugh.

She kisses me for the final time on the cheek lightly so it won't mark.

We finally leave the room and I close the door lightly. We walk to the living room and their eyes are glued on the KDrama they're watching.

Nayeon was first to see me and ask, "Where were you?"

"I... was.." I drag my words so Sana who's behind me can help me out.

"She was fixing my drawer. She told me that she can repair things yesterday so she fixed it for me." She smiles innocently.

I nod and face Nayeon who seems to be buying Sana's good excuse. She nods slowly and turns back to the TV. I sigh in relief and sit next to Chaeyoung who's on her phone.

"Hi, Unnie." I say calmly.

"Hi, Y/N!... I was wondering if we can hang out together and just draw someday?" She smiles.

"Yeah, I'd love to!" I smile back but then my phone starts vibrating in my pocket. I leave the couch so I won't disturb the KDrama and walk away from the living room.

I look at my phone and it's Mom! I missed her, she's been busy since the start of this month. We haven't talked to each other properly. I answer.

"Hi, Mom!" I say in English.

"Hey, N/N! How are you there?" She asks excitedly as well.

"I'm doing great! I met some new friends and I'm at their dorm right now."

"Oh~, a dorm? Do they go to the same university as you?"

No, actually. They're K Pop idols!

"No they don't. It's a long story, Mom. I'll tell you another time. They're really sweet girls, I hope you and Dad can meet them. I think you'd love them." I smile.

"Ah, that's great sweetie. I'm so sorry I haven't been calling and texting you lately. It's been so busy ever since the start of March...and-"

I interrupt her, "Mom, it's alright. Don't worry about it, I understand." I sigh because it's tiring for her to keep on apologizing over something she can't necessarily change.
"I'm glad the company is busy, means good things are coming. Right?"

"Yeah there are!.. Your brother hasn't stopped begging me to take us back to Korea for a break." She says in a calm tone.

"Oh really? Why not! Break is coming soon, so if you ever come here the next few weeks, I won't be busy with school!" I smile widely.

"Arasseo! I'll tell your father."

"Great!" I squeal. "Thanks for calling, Mom."

"Of course, baby. I have to get going now, I'll make sure to call you again. Goodbye, N/N. I love you and don't forget to eat dinner soon!" Mom says.

"Okay! Bye Mom, take care."

She ends the call and I slide it back in to my pocket and look at the girls who were, well I thought, watching the KDrama. Instead, they're watching me like a security camera.

I raise my eyebrows in confusion, waiting for someone to say something.

"You speak English!?" The 9 girls except for Yves asks.

"Oh, yeah...I do!" I look at them as their jaws are dropped to the floor.