Ch. 48 - Facetime

Should I head back up to the roof or follow Sayeon?

..Follow Sayeon it is!

I followed her but she didn't seem to notice I was behind her. She knocked on the door 2 times lightly and walked inside. Before she closed the door, I stepped inside through the small crack between the door and the wall.

When she saw me right behind her, her eyes widened.

"Hello, Ms. Lee. The.." Sayeon went on and looked behind me before she mentioned Jeon family.

"Hello, Auntie Harin!" I showed myself clearly and Harin's eyes widened and her mouth dropped.

"Y/N!" She jumped from her office chair, which by the way her office is very elegant.

"I haven't seen you in so long! Look how tall you've grown!" She patted my head with a sweet smile on her face.

The last time I went here was in the end of February, when I was with Twice! The first day where me and Twice met and when we all clicked. I didn't get to greet anyone here, and I'm sure the employees didn't recognize me since I was in a big group of girls when I walked in.

I giggled and went to face Sayeon who was quiet.
"Ah, Auntie. Sayeon wanted to tell you something."

"Oh, right! What was it, Sayeon?"

"Ms. Lee, the Jeon Family is on third floor and Ms. Jeon was looking for you." She spoke and the nervous look on her face faded with Harin's reply.

"Thank you for telling me! I'll be right up. Thank you Sayeon and thank you Y/N for stopping by at the office."

Sayeon and I nodded and we left the office.

"Sorry I startled you." I said to Sayeon and she looked at me with an playful annoyed look because of my persistence.

"No worries, now go up with your family. Thank you for helping me with the dishes, you're very kind, Ms. J-, Y/N." She smiled from the accidental formality.

I nodded and bowed slightly for respect and left to the third floor.

Not long after I arrived, Aunt Harin came. My family talked with her and enjoyed the rest of the time there with her. They caught up with each other and it was very good to see!!

__

Before we left Heart of Seoul, we gave Sayeon a very big tip for being so kind and polite. I wrote down a note saying:

'Thank u for putting up w/ me! (:
- Y/N'

We decided to drive back to my condo so they can settle their luggage and belongings down. Mom chose to sit on the passenger seat which I am very happy about. Also because Jaeyeon won't be able to annoy me Lolol!

During the drive, I received a Facetime call. I didn't get to check who the call was from. I'm guessing it's Yves.

"Mom, can you get that for me?" I asked her and she took my phone.

Mom's POV
Nayeon 🐰... is calling

Nayeon? Hmm.. who is this?

A/N: the italicized words from now on will just show the other person in the call their dialogue!! It is just to not add confusion.

I answered the call and a beautiful young woman was on the screen! Must be Y/N's secret girlfriend, I thought. But it of course was a joke.

"Ah!" This supposedly Nayeon said, "Hello! Are you Mrs

"Ah!" This supposedly Nayeon said, "Hello! Are you Mrs. Jeon?"

And she's polite? Wow.

"Hello! Yes, I am!" I smiled softly as my eyes were set upon this new unfamiliar young woman.

"It's great meeting you! I am Im Nayeon, your future daughter-in-law." She smiled brightly, revealing her contagious smile. And then I paused. My 'future daughter-in-law'?

I was astonished, it was shown all over my face. Although, I am glad. This woman is beautiful and seems to have a beautiful heart as well.

"Mom, is that Yves?" Y/N asked, still focused on the road.

"No, it's Nayeon. She's a beautiful lady, Y/N." Another smile grew in Nayeon's face after my genuine words about her.

"Well, it's very nice to meet my future daughter-in-law. I hope we can meet soon." I replied to Nayeon and Y/N heard. Her face turned bright red from embarrassment.

"My what?! Who's that?" She looked to me and back to the road repeatedly.

"Nayeon!" I moved the phone for Nayeon to see Y/N on the wheel.

"Y/N~" Nayeon said and waved her hand.

"Yah! Nayeon! What did you say to my mom?"

"That I'm her future daughter-in-law. What's wrong?" She giggled.

"Eomma, she's just like that. She's just joking, right Nayeon?"

Nayeon shook her head with a pout, "No, why would I joke about this?"

"Sweetheart, she's in love with you. Let her say that if she chooses to."

"Mom D; !" Y/N whined.