Ch. 44 - Surprising Twice

"Hello?" Y/N said at the door with the phone next to her ear.

"Y/N!!" Twice said in unison.

Y/N ended the call with a playful smile, "Hi~"

Twice ran to Y/N and engulfed her in a huge hug.

"You missed me?" Y/N asked as she had trouble finding her breath as she was hit with 9 other bodies.

"Of course we did!" Jeongyeon slapped the back of Y/N's head.

After a long minute, the girls released from the hug and Y/N was finally able to catch her breath.

"Did you come here to surprise us?" Nayeon wiggled her eyebrows.

Y/N ruffled Nayeon's hair, "Partly, yes. Uncle Jinyoung told me to come here earlier to ask me something." Everyone's eyebrows raised.
"I also talked with Day6 and Stray Kids. They're really cool."

"Yah! If they hit on you, tell them Twice did first." Sana eyebrows furrowed. The rest of the girls agreed with her.

"I doubt they will, Unnie. It's just in your head." Y/N shook her head giggling.

"What did JYP ask you?" Tzuyu asked, everyone dreadfully wanted to know.

"Ah, right." Y/N sat down on the couch near the door before she answered.
"He asked me to write a song for you guys."

Chaos started as soon as she finished her sentence. Cheers and yells could be heard from two floors down at this point!

"Did you say yes, Y/N!?" Everyone grew quiet when Jihyo asked.

"Of course I did!"

They somehow pulled her into another hug since she's sitting down on the couch. They laid on top of her and they were just so happy.

Original POV (1st)
"Yah! I can't-can't.." Everyone hurried off of me. I took a long deep breath.

"Hehe..sorry." Momo fiddled with her hair.

"Did you think of the concept yet?" Mina asked.

"I'm thinking of something different from your last concepts: dark. The complete opposite of What is Love." I replied and everyone's eyes lit up, especially Mina's.

"I've been wanting one for so long! Yes!" Mina cheered.

"I own dark concept! I'm so excited!" Chaeyoung yelled.

"Jeon Y/N! My best friend, girlfriend, and lyricist!" Sana yelped and everyone's head turned to her. They laughed at her stupid, smooth moves.

"I'm glad you guys like what I'm going for!! I'll picture this like a project for class."

"Hwaiting!" They said in unison.

We were laughing together and hanging out, and suddenly the door opened. Jae! He brung his bass with him.

"Ah, Jae!" I walked up to him.
"What's up?"

"Y/N, there you are. Do you mind playing the same chords you played earlier? I really loved it.." Jae complimented and kindly gave his beautiful bass to me.

"You do? Thank you." I smiled softly and gladly took the bass. He plugged the bass in a small carry-on amp.

And so I played the bass like it was my last time playing one. While I played, I was impressed with myself. I haven't played this for quite a bit. When I played it earlier, it was just the only thing in my mind that I could think of playing. I composed/created it in the winter of last year.

I ended the almost 1 and a half minute of the satisfying chords. I let my right hand let go of the bass and looked up to the 9 girls and Jae.

Each one of them had their jaws dropped on the floor, eyebrows raised, and purely silent.

"How was it?" I asked softly.

Compliments were thrown at me left to right.

"That was amazing!" Jae clapped loudly, jumping up and down.

"You are so cool!" Chaeyoung complimented.

"Jinja! You're awesome!" Jeongyeon yelled.

"Play me that to sleep!" Nayeon said. A genuine smile grew on my face after receiving all these yells of compliments.

"Thank you~" I bowed slightly.

"Y/N, what if I asked you if your chords are used in our upcoming album?" Jae said to me, and gasps were heard from the girls. From me as well.