Ch. 53 - Composing :D

Now onto the next project, composing Day6's album.

First, I need to call Jae; who is the lead guitarist of Day6.

Calling Jae 🎸...

"Hey Jae!" I said excitedly.

"What's up, Y/N!" He said with the same energy.

"I'm ready to compose the song, anything I need to do now?" I asked.

"Really!? Awesome.." He said, I can already visualize the smile he made, "we just have to record you playing it in the studio."

"Alright. First, I have to write the chords down for you. I'll do that right now, since I don't have the exact date when I can record it in the studio." I said, "is that good?"

"Yeah, that's perfect. You're really something, dude. Don't push yourself too hard."

I paused a bit after hearing what he said. That sentence, 'you're really something' was repeated once again.

"Thank you," I smiled, "that's all for now, talk to you soon, Jae."

"Talk to you soon, bro."

I ended the call and placed my phone down. I grabbed a few papers and started to write the chords down which I had already memorized. I made sure to make extra copies in case they needed them.

I picked up my bass that was hung on the wall and played the chords that Jae liked.

(Choose what bass you're using!!)
#1

(Choose what bass you're using!!) #1

#2

It sounded perfect, even though I haven't practiced in so long

I took my song book and went to the pages which had chords I made a long time ago. Maybe 1-2 years ago.

I flipped to a page titled 'I Loved You' - January 2019

* If You Want to Know the Year this Story Takes Place, it is 2020!!! No Covid-19 btw! Stay safe irl ! *

I giggled at the sad title, I've never been in a serious relationship with anyone. I'm not sure how I was able to create sad and melancholic music.

I stood the book up and played the chords on my bass perfectly. Once again, I was amazed with myself.

"Sheesh." I whispered under my breath. And then something clicked in my mind.

I instantly called Jae.

Calling Jae 🎸...

"Jae, I need you to hear this. Tell me what you think."

He didn't reply back, he instead waited for me to let him hear whatever I was referring to.

I played the chords of 'I Loved You' perfectly.

Many chords and beautiful music later, it ended.

"So..how was it?" I asked after the overwhelming silence.

"Y/N..that was incredible."

I replied with a simple, "Thank you."

"You thinking what I'm thinking?"

"I hope I am."

And in that call, we agreed to use 'I Loved You' chords to make another song in their upcoming album. He said he'll keep the title because he loved it as well.

"You're insane, Y/N." Jae said after the long conversation of how we'll compose it and how the album will be done in the future.

"You're the one who gave me this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity." I replied.

"I'm sure that this and the Twice song you're working on will open even more opportunities." He said which formed a giant smile on my face, "Don't forget that this is all you as well. You're the star here too."

Those words made my heart feel heavy, it touched me greatly. Happy tears almost rolled down my cheek honestly.

I giggled with a happy expression, "Let's call this the beginning of Jeon J (OR J!!)."

He happily agreed and we said our goodbyes to each other. I worked more on the chords and wrote them down on many copies of paper.

__
2:05 PM

I placed my pen down and gazed the number of papers that are filled with the special chords that will be composed in 2 of Day6's upcoming album. I put them inside the special folder that also has the lyrics for Twice. So I can always be ready if I go to the JYP building.

I sighed in tiredness but in relief that everything is going so well.

I remembered the words 'The beginning of Jeon J (Or J!!).

Whatever these 'projects' lead me to, it will lead me to new paths in my life. I laid back and rested my eyes, which turned into a short nap.