Ch. 18 - Getting to Know Us

"You speak English!?" The 9 girls except for Yves asks.

"Oh, yeah...I do!" I look at their amazed expressions.

It's a bit awkward after I replied to them. Finally someone says something.

"How'd you learn?" Tzuyu says amazed.

"My family moved to the states before I was born. I grew up there for a bit. I learned it along with Hangul. " I reply.

"Wow, that's so cool!" Chaeyoung adds.

I smile wide and more questions come.

"Can you speak other languages?" Dahyun asks.

"Yeah! I speak Japanese and Tagalog. I'm learning French on my free time right now."

The 9 girls are amazed.

Sana says, "あなたはとても美しいです。(Pronounced as Anata wa totemo utsukushīdesu.)(You're so beautiful). "

I blush and look at the ground and Mina and Momo tease Sana. The other girls had no idea what Sana said.

Mina jokes, "She said Y/N has big feet."

Everyone laughs believing Mina, but us 4 knew that was not the case.

"Sometimes Y/N would switch languages and she wouldn't even notice it." Yves teases.

"Yeah...that's right." I scratch the back of my neck in embarrassment.

Jihyo compliments, "You're amazing, Y/N. Tell us about both of yourselves."

Me and Yves nod and smile.

Yves talks about her life, her family, her favorite hobbies, what she does with her free time, all the things about her life. I add in jokes to tease her because I know almost everything about her.

"Oh! And my real name is Sooyoung. My mom was the first person who called me Yves." She says. "Almost everyone I know calls me by Yves, even my teachers and professors." She giggles.

"Sooyoungie! Kayoot~" Momo giggles.

Yves hides her face in embarrassment.

"Sooyoungie!" I tease. "Oyo, oyo, oyo!" I say as if I'm talking to a baby.

Yves glares at me and the rest laugh.

"Thank you for telling us, Yves! How about you, Y/N?" Jeongyeon asks.

"Alright...where should I start..."

First, I told them about my childhood.

"I moved a lot, city to city, state to state, country to country. It was normal to me." I say. "When I reached the age 14, we settled here, my parent's home country, Korea."
"Yves's family and my family are close friends, it's like we're siblings. Her parents are like my parents." I smile.
"Which is why I tease her 24/7." I smile wide.
"When I was 17, my parents had to move back to the US to resume the company there."

"What company?" Nayeon asks.

"It's called Dream of Asia (DOAI). It manages big to small Asian businesses in many places around the world. Like restaurants, clothing stores, to grocery stores. It's a variety." I answer.

"Is this how you learned how to speak Japanese and Tagalog?" Mina asks.

"Yup! When I was in Japan, I learned it because it is quite similar to Korean. It was still extremely hard, but I got the hang of it. I also met some Japanese friends." I say.
"Many of the companies under Dream of Asia are located in Japan. Most of them are the restaurants called Heart of Kyoto and Sashimi Dream."

Momo blurts, "EH? I love those restaurants! I used to go to Heart of Kyoto with my family when I was young! Your family owned these restaurants?" Her eyes shined.

I awe, "Yeah! I'm glad you know that place, Momo. :D"

"You two are amazing..." Jihyo whispers but loud enough everyone in the circle can hear.

Me and Yves giggle and thank her.

"So...you're here alone, Y/N?" Tzuyu's expression changes into a gloomy one.

"I wouldn't say alone, Tzuyu." I calmly say. "I have Yves and her family that I'm close to. One time, I slept over at her house for at least a month that was only supposed to be a one night stay." I laugh.

"Yeah we had to go grocery shopping 4 times a week." Yves jokingly says.

"Do you have any siblings?" Dahyun asks.

"Yeah, I do! His name is Jaeyeon and he's 5 years older than me. He chose to be with my family in the US to help with the company over there."

Everyone does the "o" with their mouth and nod. They know a lot of me and Yves now. It feels good that they know more about us, it feels comforting.

Me and Yves get to know more about the girls' personal life.

I check my phone and it's 6 pm. I sigh internally because I really don't want to leave.

"I hate to say this girls but we have to go." I say sadly.

Yves nods, "It was really fun today. I'm glad we got to know more about each other!"

The 9 girls smile but lose it because we have to go.

"We're not going anywhere. We'll be able to hang out soon." I say to make them smile.

The girls smile broadly.

"Arasseo!" I cheerfully say.

The 9 girls hug me and Yves. The last girl who hugged me is Sana. She kept on lingering onto me, not letting go. My arms are over her shoulders and her head is on the crook of my neck. She's really something. I think to myself.

"That's enough, Sana." Jihyo teases but Sana won't move.

I kiss the top of her head and let her go. She takes her arms off of me and looks up to me with a smile.

Nayeon coughs to get my attention and grabs the sweatshirt she was wearing that I didn't know was mine. I completely forgot about the sweatshirt I left here.

"Ahh that's right! Thank you, Nayeon." I thank her.

"Of course, N/N~." Her bunny teeth show from her wide smile.

Me and Yves get ready to go and head to the front door. I look behind and notice the girls except for Nayeon and Sana were standing still with their jaws on the floor.

"Goodbye, everyone! Thank you for having us here again." I say my last goodbye.

"Goodbye~!" Yves says and we head out the dorm.