Ch. 54 - Dinner + Ideas

I remembered the words 'The beginning of Jeon J.'

Whatever these 'projects' lead me to, it will lead me to new paths in my life. I laid back and rested my eyes, which turned into a short nap.

I heard rummaging near me as I slowly woke up from my nap.

"Good morning, Mom." I opened my eyes and rubbed them. I didn't realize it was the afternoon since I lost track of time. I sat up from the couch.

"Good afternoon." Mom corrected and giggled.
"Are these papers for that boy group you're helping to compose?"

"Mhm. For Day6." I groggily said as I stood up and stretched my limbs.
"I've been at it for a while and then took a nap."

I look to the clock hanging on the wall and it's only 3:20 PM.

I found much more energy and my sleepiness vanished.

"How were the visits?" I asked Mom.

"They were wonderful! They seem to be doing well." Mom sat herself down on the couch comfortably.
"It was great to catch up with them." She smiled.

__

4:30 PM

Jaeyeon and Dad came home and we all decided to have an early dinner together.

Mom and Dad cooked this time. I don't think I mentioned that they are both excellent chefs.

One of the main reasons why I can cook so well is that at the ripe age of 12, Mom and Dad taught me how to cook. It started off at the basics, and then to all sorts of international dishes. I am beyond thankful for that.

Almost an hour later

Mom and Dad made Japanese dishes, which consists of all sorts of sushi, shrimp tempura, and our personal favorite..spam misubi!!!

Mom and Dad placed the dishes of the wonderful foods on the dinner table. Me and Jaeyeon looked at them as if it was heaven on a plate.

Dad and Mom seated themselves.

"Let's eat." Dad said, happily grabbed the first sushi with his metal chopsticks.

We all grab each food first and savored every bite we had.

__

I laid my back on the chair and groaned, "That. Was. So. Good."

"I. Know. Right." Jaeyeon said and followed my actions, he laid his back down abruptly and rubbed his stomach.

Mom and Dad gave each other a fist bump because they cheffed up very, very well.

"What should we do now?" Dad asked, collecting the finished plates on the table to clean.

I helped him with the dishes and walked over to the kitchen.

"How about we visit Yves and her family today?" He suggested as we both scrubbed the dishes clean.

"They're not home yet, they're arriving later tonight." I replied.

Then, an idea popped in my head.

"Why don't we meet Twice today?"

"Let's leave right now! I'm ready to go!" Mom suddenly said from the dining table. Me and Dad bursted into laughter because she joined the conversation out of nowhere.

"Where do we meet them?" Dad asked.

"I would say their dorm, but it won't be appropriate since it's guarded and all." (Would be weird if a family went in the dorm building)

"Having dinner with them in a restaurant would've been great but we just finished eating." Dad frowned.

I hummed in agreement, "The condo then?"

"Condo it is! Call them."

"You got it." I dried my hands clean and left the kitchen. I grabbed my phone and dialed the right member.

Calling Jihyo👩‍👧‍👧...

"Hi, Unnie!" I said happily.

"Hi, Y/N! What's up?" She replied.

"Are you all busy today?"

"Nope! Another resting day for us during our scheduled week. Why'd you ask?"

Perfect timing, Y/N!

"Great. Come over before 6:30 PM." I said vaguely, causing her to have a huge reaction.

"Isn't your family here right now? We get to see them today!?" She yelled, "I'll tell the girls right now!!"

"Alright! See you then, bye Unnie!" I ended the call and a bright smile grew on my face.

Twice POV
Jihyo jumped from the couch, surprising the 8 other members who were chilling in their big living room.

"Girls, get ready! We're going to meet Y/N's family!" She yelled and the 8 other Twice members stopped what they were doing and ran to their rooms to get ready.

Who knows what'll happen when Twice visits Y/N's family?