Prologue

This is the East Kingdom...

under the rule of King Choi Sian

....under the rule of King Choi Sian. The kingdom might look like Utopia...BUT IT IS NOT.

꧁❁❁❀❁❁꧂

"Mother! Where are you going?" A young boy ran and held his mother's skirt.

The mother swallowed a lump in her throat and turned around to face his son. She crouched down and looked into his eyes, "Jeongguk, please be a good boy and grow up well. Serve the kingdom well...."

"But mother, where are you going?" He asked again with a pout.

The mother sighed and looked towards the door where her husband was standing. She controlled her tears and looked at Jeongguk again, "Mother is going far away because she couldn't fulfil her tasks. But mother will always watch you!" She stood up.

"MOTHER!!!" The boy, who could only reach her waist, hugged her tightly and cried, "I-I want to accompany you, mother~~"

That's when she couldn't control herself anymore, tears started to roll down her eyes. She put a hand on her son's head and said, "Be strong, Jeongguk...grow up well!"

The father who was silent till now rubbed his temples and signalled the servants to grab his son.

A little boy who was standing at a distance clenched his fists and frowned at the man.

"Jin hyung....." a boy came and kept a hand on his shoulder and sighed.

Another lady and her son were watching all these from a distance.

"Mother, this won't happen to you, right?" The son looked at the mother with teary eyes and asked.

The mother gulped, "Taehyun... let's go inside!" The mother sighed and started to lead Taehyun inside. Taehyun kept looking at Jeongguk and felt bad for him.

"Jin hyung...Namjun....." Another boy rushed towards them.

"What is it, Yunki?" Jin asked.

"They killed her too..." He sighed.

"He is not our father! He is a monster!" Jin clenched his jaw looking at the man.

"NOOOO...LEAVE ME!!!! MOTHERRRRR...PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME ALONE....." Little Jeongguk struggled to set himself free while crying for his mother.

"Jeongguk...." Two boys hugged him while sobbing, trying to comfort their little brother.

The mother turned around and started to walk away with a heavy heart. Tears rolled down her eyes as she heard her son's screams but she didn't turn back.

"H-H-HOSUNG HYUNG....JIMIN H-HYUNG.......PLEASE S-STOP M-MOTHER........."

............................