Chapter 22: Wise words from the wise man

3rd person POV

Soyoung ran out of the room and into the garden for some fresh air and to recollect herself.

After sometime she heard footsteps behind her. She thought it was Jin, as she turned around, her eyes widened....

"Master Lee?" She bowed.

"Soyoung....where are you?!" Jin came out and saw master Lee too.

"Master?" Jin bowed as well.

"Come inside, master!" Jin and Soyoung guided master Lee inside the living room.

"Maids, bring sweets and tea here." Soyoung ordered and soon the maids brought tea and sweets.

"Brothers! Come here at once!" Jin ordered and soon the knights came out and were as surprised as the other two to see master Lee. They all bowed to him.

As master Lee settled down on a chair, all of them sat next to him.

Soyoung poured each one of them a cup of tea and Jin and Yunki looked admirably at her skills for after they saw so many ladies pouring tea today, probably Soyoung's skills seemed the best to them.

Soyoung's POV

"How lucky we are that you came here, master." Jin expressed his gratitude.

"I came back to the kingdom when I sensed strong Yin and Yang energy and I was right! You all and Soyoung have met!" He smiled and we all looked at each other with confusion.

"What do you mean, master?" Namjun asked.

"My children, let me teach you all the final lesson today." He smiled and sipped the jasmine tea, "Listen very carefully the secrets about each one of you that I am going to unveil."

Everyone looked at him attentively but with confusion as well.

"You all have powers. Do you know what they are?" he asked.

"Magical powers?!" Taehyun asked.

"Yes! To the common population yes it seems like magical powers but what you all have are spiritual powers. In the East kingdom the education is not so good and cultivation of spiritual power is banned. The citizens here call these kind of powers 'magical', 'out of the world' and things like that. But in the West, South and North kingdoms, they are well aware with spirituality and they cultivate their spiritual energy too. This is the reason why I have left the kingdom." Master Lee said and took a sweet from the plate to eat.

"I never knew that their existed such things?" Jeongguk was shocked. We all gasped at master's words. It felt like as if we were listening to some kind of fairytale.

"But why did the king ban it?" Jimin wondered.

"Sian didn't ban it. It was his grandfather who banned it because Sian's father was too weak to cultivate spiritual energy. Back then it was mandatory for the royal family to be spiritually enlightened but since Sian's father was weak, his grand father banned it from the kingdom so that no one laughs at the crown prince and everyone in the kingdom becomes spiritually weak." Master Lee explained while eating his sweets.

"So tyranny runs the family, huh?" Yunki rolled his eyes and Jin elbowed him to shush him.

The master sipped some tea and continued, "But Sian was different. His spiritual energy was too high since the day he was born. Sian's mother wanted to cultivate her son's spiritual energy hence she appointed me as the royal teacher. That boy was so intelligent and smart that he learned everything very quickly. As a young prince, he was very bright and lovely. He was full of love...men, women, eunuchs, plants, flowers, animals, birds...he loved everyone. He loved life and its amazing creations."