Chapter 28: Second mother

Soyoung's POV

I and Taehyun were enjoying our time together when a veil flew in our direction and landed on my lap.

"Oh...I am sorry...it is so windy today!" A lady came running towards us and grabbed the veil.

As soon as the lady looked at us, her eyes widened and Taehyun stood up and, in utter shock, said, "YOU?!"

"Uhh..."The lady turned around quickly and started to walk away but Taehyun screamed, "SECOND MOTHER...WAIT!"

She was indeed Jeongguk's mother...I've seen her portrait.

Taehyun wait near her, "Mother, I knew you seemed familiar.....you were alive all this long?" His eyes became teary.

"Y-you must have mistaken, young master-"

"Mother, Jeongguk's memory was sealed....not mine. Even though it was 15 years ago, I still can recognize your face, your cooking...your everything." Taehyun kneeled down as tears started to flow from his eyes.

Finally, she turned around and crouched down to hug him, "Taehyun..." She sobbed.

My eyes became moist too seeing this beautiful reunion. What a pleasant surprise it would be for Jeongguk.

"Second mother.....how? W-why?" Taehyun couldn't find words. He was overwhelmed with questions and emotions.

Jeongguk's mother sniffed and patted his back, "I'll answer everything but now that my secret is out, I-I want to h-hug my little boy, kiss his forehead and tell him how much I love him...." She broke down into tears.

"YES YES! Jeongguk will be so happy..." Taehyun said.

She wiped her tears and then looked at me, "But before....let me greet my beautiful daughter-in-law."

As she approached me, I bowed with a smile.

She embraced me and said, "I am your second mother-in-law....and I welcome you to the family, my daughter." She smiled at me and continued, "All my daughters were killed by that insensitive man but seeing you...I feel like I have gained back a daughter."

"I am flattered, mother. I have heard many things about you from everyone and it is a pleasure to meet you but I believe that we should make haste and reach Jeongguk." I said.

"Yes....let's go..." An excited Taehyun grabbed her hand and mine and started running. Thanks to his powers, within seconds we reached home.

We found Jeongguk inside the kitchen drinking water.

"JEONGGUK! LOOK WHO WE BROUGHT WITH US!" Taehyun yelled.

"Who?!-" As Jeongguk turned around, his eyes widened and the glass fell from his hand.

The second mother-in-law opened her arms as tears flowed from her eyes.

"M-m-m-mother?!" Jeongguk couldn't believe his eyes. He looked at Taehyun and Taehyun nodded.

Jeongguk ran into her arms and started crying like a baby.

"Oh, my boy..." She caressed his back, "How much I wished I could hug you....you were there in front of me but I couldn't hug you or kiss you." She broke the hug and kissed his forehead.

"D-do y-you k-know how much I cried? D-do y-you know much my heart ached? I-I m-missed you e-every s-second...I-I refused to eat and sleep w-without y-you and t-that's why father asked m-master L-Lee to seal all my m-memories of y-yours....I-I felt darkness e-everywhere w-without y-you...w-why did y-you l-leave me...why??"

"Jeongguk? Did you regain your memory?" Taehyun asked in surprise.

Jeongguk nodded while still crying and pointed at his heart, "P-probably t-the s-seal b-broke as soon as I h-hugged her....." He pointed at his heart, "Mother, i-it aches h-here..."