Chapter 3: Arrogance and Ego

"EUN!! WHAT IS THIS BEHAVIOUR?!" The king was enraged as he stormed toward Eunsang.

"Address me as 'Mr. advisor'! You shouldn't call me by my name anymore!" Eunsang stumbled as he spoke.

"What on earth are you talking about?" The king grabbed him by the collar, pulled him towards himself, and sniffed. Eunsang stared at the king's gorgeous jade eyes and then his eyes travelled down to his abs.

"Eun! You're drunk!" He released his collars and took a step back. "Go to your room!"

"What am I to you, Sian?" Eunsang put his hand on the king's bare chest and asked.

"You....you're my friend!" He said looking at Eunsang.

Eunsang hugged him and rested his chin on his broad shoulder. The king was already surprised when Eunsang asked, "Can I be something more than that?"

"Best Friends? Sure!!" The king hesitated for a moment and then hugged him back, patting him on his back.

Eunsang sighed and stayed like that for a while as he felt the king's bare chest against his clothed one. He could feel his calm heartbeat against his restless one. He closed his eyes shut as he let the warmth of the king's body calm his feelings.

"Ahh...Eun?" The king pulled away. "Umm....you're drunk and behaving weirdly again! Go to your room....I'll see you tomorrow!"

The king guided him out of his room, "Guards!!!!"

Two guards quickly came and bowed.

"Guide him to his room! He is drunk!" He ordered and the guards bowed.

"Good night, Eun!" He smiled at Eunsang and closed the door.

Eunsang put his hand on the closed door, "Best friend....hah!" 

"Sir! We shall go!" The guards bowed as Eunsang turned around while stumbling. The guards grabbed his arms and started to guide him toward his room.

...............................................

Soyoung's POV

The suitors, one after the other, were failing as expected but I was feeling very sleepy now. That's when Iseul tapped on my shoulder.

"What?" I whispered.

"Soyoung, t-the s-seven knights a-are h-here!" She whispered.

"WHAT?" I whisper-yelled.

"Yes...l-look at the back! T-they are s-sitting there!" She whispered and I looked towards the suitors. In the end, 7 men were sitting, it was dark and their faces were almost not visible because of the other suitors. I raised my head a bit to get a better look at them, the first man I could see was the one who was sitting right next to the entrance. He had the longest hair among them. Even though it was hard to see his face clearly from here, he still looked handsome and intriguing while his shoulder-length hair swayed in the night breeze.

I've heard that eight men in our kingdom are the most handsome. The 7 knights and the king himself. Even though I hated all of them, still I wanted to see their faces.

"Who is the man sitting right next to the entrance?" I asked Iseul.

"Sir Jeongguk! The youngest yet the strongest knight!"

"I see!" I turned my attention back towards the suitor who was up next to try his luck. He was the last one.

"Soyoung, what should we do? I think the king has sent them for he must have suspected something!" Iseul said anxiously.