Chapter 4: I do⁷

Before I start.......how's the new cover looking? And yes I've kept my villain on the cover too cuz as y'all already know...HE IS MY FAVORITE BOI😾 (next to BTS)

Also...I've changed "The Change's" cover too and I think that cover is now looking somewhat decent.

____________________________________________

Soyoung's POV

The whole hall was stunned by my statement while I continued, "I would like to ask the council of ministers....is it not a rule of this kingdom that if a man wins a lady in a game or a war, that lady will become his irrespective of her marital status?!"

"Aahh..y-yes that's right!" The council answered.

"Soyoung.....kneel and beg for forgiveness...what are you doing?!" I heard my father's panicked whispers.

"LADY, WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY?!" Lord Cha came forward and asked.

"Ask your sons, my lord!" I bowed respectfully. "They won the game that was meant for winning my hand in terms of the marriage....and here's the proof!" I showed the broken pieces of the arrows to the court.

"HAH! WHAT ARE THESE?! What'll these proof?!" Lord Cha laughed.

Suddenly the king's advisor walked toward us and looked at the arrows carefully.

"I can say that these are indeed the knights'...only they use these colourful feathers at the end of their arrows, Your Majesty!" He said.

I was stunned. I didn't expect that to come....why is he helping me?

"And Your Majesty, our spy did inform that the knights won the game, the last night!" He added.

It was suspicious how he was supporting me.

"WHAT ARE THEY SAYING, SONS?????" Lord Cha yelled at his sons.

They all knelt and bowed, accepting the whole situation at last.

"Ok! Judging by all the rules and everything...I, who has the final power to decide what needs to be done....." The king stood up, "....bring the lady to the harem!" He said calmly.

Oh No!

Sian, "And....execute Lord Seo for-"

"THE KING OF WESTERN KINGDOM HAS ARRIVED!" I heard the announcement from outside.

I looked at the door and as it was about to open, I immediately knelt on the floor, "YOUR MAJESTY!!!!!! I'M JUST A POOR LADY AT YOUR MERCY...."

That's when I heard the door open.

I started to cry "....P-PLEASE A-ALLOW ME T-TO M-MARRY F-FOLLOWING T-THE LAWS O-OF THE K-KINGDOM ELSE I-I W-WON'T BE A-ABLE T-TO SHOW M-MY FACE T-TO ANYONE..." I sobbed as I stared at the king through my veil. He had his fists and jaw clenched as he stared at the person standing behind me.

"Of course, lady! Please stand up and you have my full permission to proceed with this marriage!" The king smiled. Everyone present in the room was shocked. The knights rose their heads to look at the king with wide eyes.

"Welcome to the East Kingdom, King Wang!" Sian smiled at the person behind me. 

"Haha...thank you, King Sian!" The Western King passed by me and went towards the king to greet him.

..................................

3rd person POV

"YOUR MAJESTY PLEASE-" Lord Cha was cut off