Chapter 2: The Dark Night

At the palace,

"There is a grand feast tomorrow in honour of the king of the West Kingdom. Every noble is invited and the council of ministers must be present." Eunsang finished reading the imperial letter.

"Is it clear?" The king asked while casually leaning on the throne.

"Yes, your Majesty!" The court bowed.

"Next! What do we need to solve today?" The king asked.

"Your Majesty, please protect the noble class! We are getting robbed!" A man kneeled and begged the king.

The king sat up straight at this statement and thought for a while before speaking, "Lord Cha! Summon the knights!"

Lord Cha bowed and left the hall.

"Next issue!" The king ordered while fixing his crown.

"Your Majesty, one more man was found mysteriously dead today. Our investigators reported that he too used to......." One courtier started to report the case.

The king looked at Eunsang after fixing his crown and Eunsang nodded at him with a smile and the king winked at him, understanding that his crown was perfect now.

".........and even he had those mysterious scratch marks on his chest!" The courtier finished.

"Hmmm...seems like a wild animal is on the loose! Catch it....I'll like to make it my pet!" The king tilted his head at the courtier and smiled mischievously.

"Ahh..y-yes, your Majesty!" The courtier bowed.

"Lord Cha is entering with the knights!" The servant announced and the king looked towards the entrance.

Lord Cha entered and behind him were his seven sons, dressed as knights and looking handsome as hell. All of them bowed in front of the king.

"I'm proud of your 7 sons for they are not only the best warriors in this entire world but also they are handsome!" The king nodded proudly.

"YOUR MAJESTY!!!!" Lord Cha knelt and bowed. "THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND WORDS!"

"Rise, Lord Cha!" The king ordered and he obeyed.

"O generous king, it is my family's tradition to produce the best warriors in the kingdom and we are following this for dynasties!" The lord bowed respectfully.

"I'm well aware, Lord Cha!" The king nodded and then focused on the knights, "Knights! I want you to catch the thieves and protect the nobles!" He ordered.

The seven of them thrust their swords on the expensive marble floor all at once and went on one knee, "AS HIS MAJESTY COMMANDS!" They bowed and said in unison.

Sian, "Rise-"

The king was cut off as a middle-aged man burst into the hall, "YOUR MAJESTYYYYY-"

"STOP RIGHT THERE...YOU AREN'T ALLOWED IN HERE!" The guards came running after him and grabbed his arms. The king clenched the golden arms of his throne.

"YOUR MAJESTY, PLEASE FORGIVE ME BUT US PEASANTS CAN'T PAY THE EXTRA TAX YOU'VE IMPOSED ON US-"

"GET OUT!!!" The guards tried to drag him out but he jerked away from their grip and knelt, "YOUR MAJESTY, PLEASE!" He cried.

"We are sorry, Your Majesty...we'll take him out at once-"

"Stop!" The king said and the guards looked at each other and then bowed. The king rose from his throne and went near the man, the hall was dead silent.

The man bowed down more as the king approached him.

"The nobles can't pay the taxes because they were looted...." He said calmly and crouched down in front of the man everyone in the room exchanged looks while Eunsang smirked.