Chapter 31: When duty calls....

3rd person POV

After listening to Sian's plan, Eunsang called one of his messengers to go to the Cha mansion and inform the knights about their newly assigned duty.

"Here is the royal decree....go and give it to sir Jin," Eunsang said

"Yes, sir!" The messenger bowed to him and Sian and left.

Hardly did the messenger leave, when a spy came in, "Long live the king! I bring news, your majesty."

Sian's eyes twinkled, "What is it?" He asked.

"We came to know that there is a secret village on the outskirts of the capital where all the outcasts live and I have a report that many villagers saw the two knights along with another man around the outskirts the day they had left the capital."

"My king, it has been brought to my knowledge that they disguised lady Soyoung as one of their distant cousins and left the capital....so whatever this spy is saying has to be true," Eunsang confirmed.

"Hmm...I know how to find this 'secret village'. While capturing the people at Seo mansion, leave one person so that he or she can go and inform about all these to lady Soyoung. I am pretty sure that Lord Seo was hiding in that village too so all the people living in that mansion must be knowing where that village is...." Sian smirked.

"So you want the men to follow the person to reach the village, right?!" Eunsang asked.

"Yes and one more thing, burn down the village too...there shall be no place for outcasts," Sian said.

"As you wish, your majesty," The spy bowed and left.

"Eun, amidst this chaos I had completely forgotten that I had prepared a beautiful masquerade outfit for you," Sian smirked at Eun.

Eunsang looked tired but as soon as he heard Sian's words, his eyes twinkled, "Where is it, my king!"

"You shall receive my gift from the royal tailor," Sian winked.

"I shall go and take a bath now...would you like to join me?" Sian grabbed Eunsang's waist and pulled him closer.

"I can not, my king..." He looked into his eyes and said.

"Why can't you?" Sian raised a brow.

"Because I can't relax until I solve all your problems, my king," He said

Sian kissed his forehead with a smile, "I am so proud of you and so thankful to have you..."

"But I will need this treat once I successfully complete all my tasks," Eunsang smirked.

Sian chuckled, "Alright! I'll double the fun for you once you are done with your tasks!" Sian winked and left.

Eunsang was smiling to himself as he went towards the hall of servants.

He cleared his throat and said, "Attention everyone!"

All of them bowed and greeted him.

"The grand masquerade ball has been preponed and it will be followed by the coronation....so do the preparations accordingly. Also, inform each of the guests about it." Eunsang informed.

"Ok, sir!" They replied in unison.

Eunsang turned towards the head eunuch, "How much preparation is left?"

"Sir, everything is done just some alterations and final touches are required....it will be done in no time", The head eunuch mentioned.

"Alright! You also inform the maids and the harem ladies about this!" He said and left to visit the royal tailor.