Chapter 7: What are you?

"Ahem! Please drink your tea, lady Soyoung....or else it'll get cold! Let's just get this done with already...I've many works to do!" Mrs. Kim grabbed her cup and sipped.

"Sure...I shall do that!" Soyoung smiled and lifted the cup to her lips and took a sip.

Mrs. Kim smiled brightly and asked, "How is the tea?"

Soyoung just nodded. Chayoung anxiously stared at Soyoung.

"Ahh...I-I'll go home now...I've some work." Deiji suddenly stood up, bowed and left.

"How rude!" Mrs. Kim rolled her eyes.

Soyoung grabbed her head.

"Are you ok, lady Soyoung?" Areum asked.

Soyoung started to breathe heavily and was unable to speak....she clutched her chest and collapsed on the floor.

"What a shame!" Lady Chayoung sighed while Areum crouched down to see if she was breathing or not.

"Is that wench dead or not?" Mrs. Kim asked.

"Yes!" Areum replied.

"OH, MY GOD!!! GUARDS!!!! SEEMS LIKE UNFORTUNATELY, LADY SOYOUNG PASSED AWAY...PLEASE INFORM HER HUSBANDS!" Mrs. Kim ordered, turned around to the ladies and added, "Let's go!"

The ladies quietly followed her out as the guards came in.

.......................................

Cha mansion

Iseul's POV

I was on my way out of the mansion while carrying some herbs for the store when I suddenly bumped into someone strong and fell.

"Ahh...I'm sorry!" I said without raising my head and started to pick up the herbs.

Suddenly I noticed that the person whom I bumped crouched down and started to pick them up too. I looked at the person....and it was.....master Jin. I never saw him this close.....h-he w-was so handsome that I felt lost.

"I'm sorry...I wasn't watching where I was going!" He said while giving me the herbs.

We both stood up and he asked, "You came with Lady Soyoung, right?"

"Y-yes sir, I'm Iseul, lady Soyoung's lady-in-waiting." I bowed.

"Hmm....where are you going with these herbs?" He asked.

"I....ummm...I'm going...TO THE KITCHEN!" I said while looking down.

"Why?" He raised an eyebrow at me.

"B-because...I'll.....EAT THEM...YES...I'M SO HUNGRY. I'LL EAT THEM!" I said and he stared at me for a moment.

Ugh...Iseul....that was so stupid!

"Umm....these are not poisonous, right? Lady Soyoung isn't planning to kill us, right?" He asked and I looked at him with wide eyes.

"No, sir! My lady will never."

"Ahem! Don't get me wrong...she threatened to poison us once...ahem!" He said. "I-I have work...I'll see you around!" He said before leaving.

I chuckled at him.

..................................................

Palace

Sian lifted his sword to behead Eunsang but stopped mid-air when he saw Eunsang's eyes closed tightly as he waited for his death. The sword in Sian's hand vanished as magically as it had appeared out of nowhere. He stumbled a bit as he slowly crouched down to look at Eunsang who was looking like a scared puppy in front of Sian's eyes.