Chapter 44: Jeongguk's Dilemma

"The only way I can have authority over the queen and Sir Eunsang is by conceiving the heir of this kingdom..." Yeji looks at Sian who is still unconscious and proceeds to unbuckle his belt and to her surprise, no matter how much she tried and in which way she tried, she wasn't able to unbuckle his belt.

"Ugh...Why is it not opening," She pulled the belt with all her force but still couldn't open the belt.

"This will not open..."

"I see..." Yeji replied but then suddenly her eyes widened and she looked up to see Sian casually swirling the glass of wine in his hand.

She gasped and became horrified as if she saw a ghost.

"A king should always keep his assets safe," He winks and sips the wine and this time nothing happened much to Yeji's shock. "This belt can only be unbuckled by either me or Eunsang," He shrugs and then whispers, "I've locked it up with my spiritual energy because I know there are people like you in this world..." He puts down the glass and gets up as his eyes darken and Yeji starts trembling in fear, "I knew you were up to no good....that's why I had to put up a little act. This is why I hate women...I hate you..." He grabs her hair and pulls her closer as she whimpers, "People may call me evil, tyrant, devil or whatever but can't call me a cheater even if I am unconscious..." He glares at her and then looks at the wine while Yeji's mouth goes dry and she starts to sweat, "What do you think? I am a fool? You'll mix sleeping pills with my drink and I won't notice? My senses are always working even when I am asleep...A king is always alert no matter what." He laughs and continues, "And poison...sleeping pills and all those nasty things won't work on me because I have built immunity against them..." He pushes her away and pulls out his dagger, "Now...what shall I do to you..."

Yeji tries to speak but she couldn't form any words as she was terrified. Sian holds the dagger against her throat and glares at her as she looks at him with pleading eyes.

"Killing you would create an imbalance in the Yin and Yang energies again..." He whispers, "And also it would be too less punishment for what you did...you would be confined in the cold palace alone for the rest of your life..." He said and throws away the dagger.

"C-cold p-palace?" Yeji catches her breath and asks.

He smirks, "Yes, it is located in the forest far away from this main palace. My mother used to go there to do I don't know what....but it is a dark and cold abandoned palace..." He winks, "You'll like it there..." He smirks mockingly and grabs her chin, "See...I am so generous even after what you did....I am giving you a whole palace to stay in..."

"N-NO..." Yeji tried to hold his hands but he moved away.

"Don't touch me...GUARDS!!!!!" He called the guards and they immediately entered the room and bowed.

"Take this woman to the cold palace and make sure she stays there forever..." He ordered and waved his hands in dismissal.

The guards dragged her away as tears rolled down from her eyes and she desperately screamed for help, "YOUR MAJESTY....PLEASE DON'T DO THIS TO ME...."

.................................

Soyoung's POV

After Jimin informed me about the school and left, I was devastated and was thinking about what should I do...I knew it was none other than Sian's doings. That's when I saw Eunsang coming towards me followed by Jeongguk.

"Greetings to her majesty!" He bowed.

"Are you here to see how your king's plan is working against the school?" I glared at him.

"Maybe?" He grinned.

"You and your king will......." I got up and as I proceeded towards him, Jeongguk blocked my way with his sword. I looked at Jeongguk in disbelief.