Chapter 6: Bold enough

Soyoung's POV

As the carriage stopped and the door opened, I went out and saw the seven of them standing outside the mansion.

How funny that I don't even know all of their names! I scanned the area and saw a few servants too.

Since I couldn't spot Lord Cha, I went in front of the knights and bowed. They bowed too. Iseul bowed at them and they nodded.

"Lord Cha is at the palace feast so in his absence, his eldest son, Master Jin, will greet you.....my lady!" A servant explained and the man looking like a Greek God came forward.

"Welcome, my lady!" Jin said

"Thank you!" I said.

"Please bring her things inside!" He ordered.

"Yes, master!" The servants bowed and went towards the carriage to unload my stuff.

"Please come inside!" He ushered me in. Iseul followed me.

As soon as I entered the mansion, a middle-aged woman was standing there.

"You can leave!" She said to Jin. He bowed politely and left.

She came near me and smiled, "I'm your mother-in-law!"

"Oh!" I bowed.

She hugged me, "You're so beautiful! I'm so glad to see another woman here after all these years!"

"Ahh-" I was surprised by his kindness.

She broke the hug and looked at me, "I've always wanted a daughter....but he......." She sighed as I stared at her face for her to continue.

"Ahh...why am I talking about the past. Anyways, let me show you your room!"

"Something is fishy," Iseul whispered, I nodded before following my mother-in-law.

She guided us through the magnificent living room towards a corridor, decorated with flowers. We passed by many doors before she stopped in front of one, "This is your room and your lady-in-waiting can take the room beside yours!"

"Thank you so much, mother!" I bowed and so did Iseul. She smiled at us.

"By the way, there is a tea party today that the noble ladies have arranged in your honour, but before going there, you must sort things out with your husbands!"

"Pardon?" I asked

"Come with me!"

I obeyed but as Iseul was about to follow us, she stopped her.

"Not you! You can arrange the rooms while we are gone!"

Iseul looked at me and I nodded.

She guided me towards the living room.

"Call my sons!" She ordered and a servant bowed and left. I took this moment to look around the room. There was a huge chandelier hanging from the ceiling, paintings were hanging on the wall, a huge tea table was placed at the centre and chairs were placed all around it. Beautiful flower vases were placed on the table and the room had a huge window overviewing the beauty of the garden.