Chapter 13: Are we in a relationship?

Sian was standing at the palace balcony and observing the ladies gathered at the palace grounds. They were here to become Sian's queen. 

All the ladies curtsied at Sian while admiring his handsome face which was being sun-kissed by the morning sun. The ladies wondered who that lucky woman would be to be become His Majesty's queen.

On the other hand, Sian had an expressionless face as he gave a tight nod to the minister of treasury, who was standing on the palace grounds waiting for his instruction. As soon as he got the instruction from Sian, he bowed and looked at the eunuchs. The eunuchs placed a heavy book on each lady's head as the minister of treasury spoke, "The queen is the mother of the land, she is the representative of all the women in the land and she should be graceful, elegant and feminine. Your first exam is to test your elegance as a queen. You'll have to walk gracefully, making sure that the book doesn't fall from your head. If the book falls, you'll be disqualified."

The ladies began to walk, some failed immediately and some were still continuing but were walking weirdly in order to balance the book. Yeji was the only one who was walking gracefully with the book on top of her head.

Sian chuckled at them and then looked at Yeji and smirked. He knew that she would pass this test because courtesans are trained to walk gracefully.

As Sian was observing the ladies, Eunsang came and bowed. Without looking at him, Sian asked, "Your assassins failed, right?"

"My king, they haven't returned yet!" Eunsang stood right behind his king and replied.

"And they'll never! I bet they are dead by now!" Sian smirked as Eunsang gulped.

Sian didn't turn around to look at Eunsang, he just grabbed his collar from behind him and pulled him closer.

"You know what? I just changed my mind. Just leave her for now.....she's my prey and I'll kill her on my own...." He looked at Eunsang sideways and smirked.

"They'll be very careful now and killing her will be next to impossible. Besides, she doesn't seem like an ordinary woman. Hence she deserves death by my hand" Sian smirked looking at his palm. "But I'm busy right now so I'll let her live for a few days!" He smiled at Eunsang.

"Minister of defense wants to meet you, your majesty!" A servant announced.

"Let him in!" Sian let go of Eunsang's collar as Eunsang stood straight and poised himself.

The minister of defense came in and knelt down, "I am sorry, I've failed you, Your Majesty."

"And?" Sian asked turning his attention to the ladies.

"KILL ME, YOUR MAJESTY!"

"Very well! Jump from here!" Sian said casually as Eunsang smirked and lord Cha's eyes widened.

"I-I mean....give m-me another chance, your majesty. I've heard women are the worst enemies of women. That's why I've set up a sly woman against lady Soyoung. She'll surely-"

"Ugh....do whatever you want." Sian ushered him to go away. Lord Cha bowed and left quickly.

"My king, what if the woman really ends up killing lady Soyoung?" Eunsang asked.

"That won't happen!" Sian paused to smirk, "If she is sly, lady Soyoung is more sly."

Judging by what she did till now, Sian knew that a mere woman wouldn't be able to get rid of Soyoung.

That's when a servant came and bowed. The servant whispered something in Eunsang's ears and Eunsang frowned. After listening to the whole thing, Eunsang nodded at the servant and the servant bowed again and left.