Chapter 38: Sian's love

Soyoung's POV

Each one of them was too shocked to see me....this was the last place they would've thought to find me. I wanted to tell them so much...I even saw the wounds on their bodies but I couldn't do anything...I looked away and clenched my fists. It felt like someone just stabbed me...I felt so helpless.

"What are you all doing?! Greet the queen!" Sian said and they all regained their composures.

"Greetings, your majesty!" All of them said in unison as they bowed.

"FATHER!!!!" Donghyung ran towards Jeongguk and hugged his leg.

Jeongguk picked him up in his arms as he kept staring at me in shock and confusion.

"Father, look at mother....she is queen now!" Donghyung said.

"Hush!" Jeongguk shushed him.

"Why does the child keep referring to the queen as his mother?!" A courtier asked.

"A queen is the mother figure to her kingdom...this little boy has lost his mother...maybe he sees the queen as a mother figure," Master Lee explained and the crowd nodded in understanding.

Jeongguk made sure that Donghyung didn't say anything else as Jin knelt and held his right hand out, "It is nice to meet you, your majesty!"

I looked at his hand and then at him...He wants me to communicate with him through his powers.

I placed my right hand on his hand and formed the sentences in my mind, "I know you've lots of questions but I can't tell you anything else there will be severe consequences...just know that the truth can be something totally different from what you see from your eyes and hear from your ears."

Jin kissed my knuckles and said, "Long live the queen..."

"I am so pleased with you all...you all will receive gold and jewels from me and the queen," Sian said.

"Thank you for your kindness, your majesty," They all bowed.

"Oh and I would also like to appoint Sir Jeongguk as Sir Eunsang's bodyguard," Sian paused to look at me...as I furrowed my brows, he smirked and continued, "Because these days he is being attacked frequently by someone...."

Jeongguk looked at me and then at Sian, "I will do my best, your majesty."

"Good! You all should go and take some rest!" Sian said and all of them bowed and left...father, master, and Donghyung followed them out as well.

I let out a long sigh as I watched them go.

"I am such a considerate king, right?!" Sian whispered and I looked at him with disgust.

"Don't look at me like that...I just helped you...you will now at least be able to see one of your husbands every day as he'll be protecting Eun..." He smiled.

I glared at him, "You're disgusting!"

He laughed like a maniac and asked Eunsang, "Eun, did you hear her?!"

Eunsang giggled and replied, "How sad that the queen thought you will not get back at her!"

Sian stopped laughing and looked at me, "This is a game...a death game...you got your chance and you played against me. Now I got my chance and I played against you....yet I am the disgusting one?!" He leaned towards me and continued, "This is how life here in the palace is...get used to it!"

It was becoming impossible for me to tolerate this psychopath but I can't even leave this event. I sighed...this is what I have chosen for myself...I must deal with it.