Chapter 34: The spiritual stone

Yeji's POV

The woman very confidently goes towards the blue door and asks the guard standing in front of it, "If I ask the guard of the red door that which one of these doors leads to the garden, then what will be his answer?"

The guard showed the red door. That woman smiled at him and opened the blue door instead of the red one when clearly the guard said that the red one leads to the garden. What a foolish woman!

"Your Majesty, this door leads to your imperial garden!" She said.

Everyone looked at Sian for his answer, "That's right!" He smirked.

My eyes widened, "How is that possible?! The guard clearly mentioned that the red one is the correct door!"

Sian shrugged, "Might be he is right! Why don't you try now?! It's your turn now!"

"I don't think that's necessary, your majesty! Since I have already given the right answer, she should be disqualified from taking part!" The woman said and came towards me, "But let me explain why the red one is not the correct door. If you remember, one guard says the truth and the other one lies always...we don't know who lies and who speaks the truth, besides we can only ask them one question to find out which is the correct door. In that case, if I ask the truthful guard that what will the other guard show me if I ask him which is the correct door, then knowing that the other guard is a liar, the truthful guard would definitely show me the red door because he knows that the liar guard will also show me the red door. On the other hand, if I would have asked the same question to the liar guard then since he is a liar, he would have lied to me and would have shown me the red door too. Thus, in both cases their answers would have been the same no matter if it was the truthful guard or the liar one...as a result of which, we must choose the other door because that is the correct one."

"Amazing wits!" King Wang clapped followed by the others present 

I looked around and felt like my whole world was falling apart...this can't be.

"Please come forward, lady So!" Sian said while rising from his throne.

Soyoung's POV

I went towards the throne and knelt for the coronation.

Sian grabbed the crown and carefully placed it on my head, "You are now the queen of this kingdom and everyone shall address you as Queen So! You may rise now!" He said.

I rose and faced the crowd who cheered, "LONG LIVE QUEEN SO! LONG LIVE KING SIAN!

I clenched my fist and forced a smile.

"I have sacrificed my everything for the people of this kingdom and I shall die for the betterment of this kingdom," I took the oath silently and then looked at Sian, "And I shall end you too..."

Sian sat on the throne and gestured for me to seat on the queen's throne that was placed beside his. The queen's throne was smaller than the king's throne but it looked equally pretty as the king's throne.

I went and sat on the throne, crossing my legs I said, "I, as the queen of the kingdom, promise you all that I will take good care of this kingdom!"

"LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!" Everyone cheered.

King Wang came forward and said, "I would like the present the couple with the magic stone."

I looked at the spiritual stone and it looked so magnificent...it was a small purple ball seated in a velvet box.

King Wang came near the throne, gave Sian the spiritual stone, and said, "There is still a little less Yin energy but it won't affect the stone...you may have it now but keep it safe."