Chapter 8: The kid named Donghyung

Soyoung's POV

I was putting on my jewelleries in the morning when Iseul came in.

I looked at her in the mirror and said, "Good morning!"

She came near me, "Soyoung....I got to know many things from the other maids?"

"What did you find out?" I asked while putting on the hair pins.

"Lord Cha actually had 2 wives. His 2nd wife, sir Jeongguk's mother, was executed.

I turned around as my eyes went wide.

"The maids said that she was executed because she gave birth to three daughters back to back....the lord found her unworthy and executed her when sir Jeongguk was just 8 years old..."

"Oh! So that explains why mother-in-law mentioned that she doesn't want to re-watch the tragedy that happened 15 years ago and lord Cha said 'you're unworthy like your mother'" I nodded to myself.

"Soyoung.....lord Cha is cruel....I think there's still time for us to return to our own mansion-"

"Keep an eye on the lord! I must-"

Suddenly there was a knock on the door, "I'm coming in!" and mother-in-law came in.

I bowed and Iseul followed.

"Good morning, mother. Did you sleep well?"

She came near me and smiled, "Yes...thanks to you!"

I looked at her with confusion.

"You're spending today with Yunki....so come with me."

She guided me out of the room and to the dining table.

"Here...take this to his room...he prefers his breakfast in his room." She handed me a small round table containing jasmine tea, rice, vegetables and omelettes.....but everything was in pair.

"You can eat with him." She said with a smile and I bowed. As I was about to leave, Jeongguk entered. He was dressed in white and was looking like an angel in the morning. His wound looked better too...it was healing quickly because of the paste I had applied.

I bowed at him with a smile, "Good morning!"

He bowed back and nodded.

"Ggukie, did you sleep well?" Mother-in-law asked him with a smile.

"Yes, mother." He bowed at her.

She took a look at his forehead and caressed his hair with a sigh, "Sit down, my boy...I've prepared your favourite breakfast today......."

I smiled at the mother and son and left the place finally.

It was good to see that Jeongguk was loved by her and his hyungs so much.

I went in front of Yunki's room, put down the table and knocked on the door, "Yunki, its me.....I'm coming in!" I opened the door and saw no one, so I decided to set the breakfast table and wait for him.

While waiting for him, I looked around his room....his room was neat and clean with a dark texture. He had few crime novels...I picked one of them and opened it.

"What are you doing here?"

I flinched and turned around to see Yunki standing behind me with wet hair and wearing a robe.