Chapter 15: Unexpected plans

3rd Person POV

At Jeolla province,

"......I'll write a talisman. You must burn it using a fish oil lamp and dump the ashes on the ring while thinking about her. If you both have feelings for each other, she should appear in front of you!", Jeongguk recalled the Shaman's words as he saw the talisman burning. As soon as it turned into ashes completely, he dumped them on the wedding ring while thinking about Soyoung....when he first saw her....when she tended to his wound. He didn't realize that he was smiling while thinking about her.

But after waiting for sometime his smile disappeared as nothing happened, "I knew this was not going to work!" Jeongguk laughed and took out his ring from the ashes. He was about to leave the room but suddenly it filled up with smoke. He sensed someone else's presence. He grasped his sword and turned around to put the sword on the trespasser's neck

"Jeongguk?!" Soyoung gasped looking into his eyes with confusion. Jeongguk dropped the sword as his eyes widened. She had her long hair reaching below her waist...he looked into her eyes taking a few steps closer to her....their faces were inches apart and they both were surprised.

Jeongguk narrowed his eyes at her, "So you're really a nekomata!"

Soyoung scanned the room and then raised an eyebrow at him, "Did you just summon me?" She asked as her claws became and fangs became visible. Jeonnguk noticed it and simply shrugged it off as if it wasn't a big deal.

"I thought we had a deal that you 7 won't interfere in my business and I won't interfere in yours!" She clenched her jaw and attacked him with her claws but Jeongguk grabbed her wrist and looked straight into her eyes.

"And we had another deal too that we are not supposed to catch feelings for each other!" Jeonnguk paused and then continued, "You know what was the condition for summoning you? Only if both of us had feelings for each other, we could be summoned."

Soyoung's eyes widened as she tried to free herself from Jeongguk's grip, "Y-you must have been mistaken!"

He came closer to her, "Is it so?" He smirked and opened his coat

Soyoung stared into his eyes being speechless as he smiled at her and covered her with his coat, "I don't know why you are without your overcoat....its pretty cold you know?!" He said while while trying to tuck  her locks behind her ears but she grabbed his arm and looked into his eyes.

"I think you look better with open hair!" He smiled.

"I-umm... y-you....YOU SUMMONED ME WHEN I WAS GETTING READY TO TAKE A BATH....AHEM! NOW SEND ME BACK!!! I'VE THINGS TO DO!" She pushed him away a bit and cleared her throat awkwardly.

Jeongguk looked at her, "I don't know how to send you back!"

"What do you mean by you don't know how to send me back??!! You're the one who summoned me!" Soyoung raised a brow at him.

"Yes but aren't you suppose to disappear on your own?! Like that's how it happens, right?! I've read in novels that you summon a supernatural being....get done with your business with them.....they disappear.....until and unless they want to stay for evil reasons!" Jeongguk narrowed his eyes at her, "Are you evil?!"

Soyoung rubbed her temples, "You are so problematic! I can't believe you...Oh God!" She glared at him, "Sir Jeongguk, you've got everything wrong about me! I'm a human who can turn into a cat not a cat who can turn into a human."

Jeongguk raised a brow, "That's the same thing!"

"YAA HOW'S THAT THE SAME THING HUH?! I'M NOT A SUPERNATURAL BEING, I'M A HUMAN BEING WITH SUPERNATURAL POWERS JUST LIKE THE SEVEN OF YOU....THERE'S A DIFFERENCE!!!!"