Chapter 26: Once you get coronated...

As we were about the leave, we heard a deep voice, "Stop right there, young men!"

We turned around to see one of the guards walking towards us.

"Youngest knights, may I ask where are you both going during this auspicious moment?" The guard asked politely.

"Aish...no one will let me sleep in peace. Here...", Jeongguk took out a scroll from his pocket and shoved it at the guard. The guard took the scroll and read it carefully before giving it back to Jeongguk, "Sorry for the inconvenience, sir! But may I ask who is he?" He pointed at me.

"He is our distant cousin," Taehyun replied and I nodded with a smile.

"We are getting late now....we shall leave," Jeongguk said and the guard bowed.

As we left the capital, I asked Jeongguk, "What is in that scroll?"

"It is by Jin hyung....he mentioned that he, as the minister of defense, is suspecting revolt near the borders and is sending us to investigate," Jeongguk replied before back-hugging Taehyun and drifting off to sleep again.

................................

At the palace,

The knights and Eunsang were gathered in a meeting room.

"We were informed that his majesty summoned us," Jin mentioned to Eunsang.

"Yes! He wants you all to take care of certain things, Unfortunately, he couldn't come here in person because he is busy receiving the royal guests." Eunsang said.

"Ok, so what do we need to do?", Yunki asked.

"Sir Yunki and sir Jin shall join the king and the other ministers to receive the guests. The other knights would be responsible for looking after the security of the royal guests." Eunsang paused to look at the knights, "I see only five of you here....may I ask where is sir Jeongguk and sir Taehyun?"

"I have sent them out of the capital for some family work," Jin mentioned.

"But do not worry...their work will be divided among us. Their absence won't be a problem," Namjun assured.

Eunsang nodded, "Ok! I shall take my leave now for I have many things to attend to," He and the knights stood up and bowed to each other before Eunsang left the room.

.

.

.

At the harem,

"Lady Yeji, this is lady Yun and she would be your lady-in-waiting after you become the queen," The head eunuch introduced lady Yun to Yeji.

Yeji glared at the head eunuch, "You shall address me as 'Her Majesty'"

"But you are yet to be coronated, my lady", The head eunuch bowed.

"Head eunuch, do you have doubts that I won't be coronated as the queen? Be it today or tomorrow...I am the chosen queen and I shall be treated as one," She yelled.

"Woah! What is the would-be-queen so mad about?!"

Yeji turned around to see Eunsang.

"You both should leave!" Eunsang ordered and both the head eunuch and the lady-in-waiting bowed and left.

"Oh! Look who we have here....sir Eunsang," Yeji smiled, "Won't you bow at your queen?"

Eunsang smiled, "You are yet to be coronated."

"And after I am coronated, you shall start counting your days in the palace," Yeji narrowed her eyes.

Eunsang gave her a wry smile, "Ain't your tongue being too sharp today?"