Chapter 33: Self-destruction

Soyoung's POV

"The king's advisor's clothes and mask fitted me perfectly and to reach the king quickly, it is a great idea to disguise as Eunsang," I was thinking all these as I entered the ballroom. As soon as I reached the room, the guard announced my arrival and soon another guard came and informed me that the king wants to meet 'me' in the corridor.

I made my way towards the corridor and spotted Sian. I went near him and bowed but he quickly grabbed my hand and pinned me against the wall...

As soon as he touched me, he knew that I wasn't Eunsang, "You are not Eunsang!" He frowned.

Sian's POV

"Yes, I am not!" It was a woman's voice. She pushed me away and took off the mask.

"Well....if Eunsang was a woman, then this is exactly how he would have looked.....beautiful! And I must admit that I couldn't recognize that you were not Eunsang but an imposter...." I smirked as she frowned at my words. "But that's not my concern...what I want to know is where is Eunsang? And why are you in his clothes?" I added

"You will not ask who I am? You're straight away asking about your lover..." She said.

My eyes widened, "How do you-"

"How do I know that he is your lover?!" She chuckled, "Let's just say that you both are not good enough at hiding that. The moment I stepped inside the palace, I found your weakness...your Eunsang!" She shrugged.

I chuckled and said, "It is fine if you know my 1 weakness...I know about your 7 weaknesses." I was pleased to see the shock on her face as I continued, "And I know who you are...you are the one I was searching for...you are Seo Soyoung! And let me tell you, you are here because I trapped you to be here...you are not here by your choice." I laughed and her expression darkened.

"The king is indeed intelligent!" She smiled, "And let me tell you, your lover is lying unconscious in his room and if he is not given this antidote within the next 15 minutes, he will die", she showed me a small vial containing the antidote. I clenched my fists as she continued, "Hence, let's come to the point quickly....what. do. you. want?"

I smirked, "You!"

Her eyes widened, "WHAT?!!!"

"I know that you know I need Yin and Yang balance to rule this kingdom and you are the only one that can bring the balance-"

She dared to cut me off again in between as she said, "Ask your would-be-wife to bring that balance and leave me and my family alone!"

Soyoung's POV

"You know it very well that she is useless....only you can bring the balance. I will leave your family alone if you become my queen!" He said it so casually as if asking me to be his partner in a board game."

"I think the king has bad memory....let me remind you that I have 7 soulmates," I glared at him.

"That doesn't mean you can't have one more husband!" He smirked.

His words utterly disgusted me as I replied, "You can kill me but I will never marry you!"

"Nah...I won't kill you...that's no fun! I will kill your 7 husbands, your father, your foster child, master Lee and everyone else who is close to you..."He smiled.

"If you dare to do that I will kill your beloved man!" I smiled.

His expression darkened as he said, "I don't think you understand how grave this situation is that you are in. Hence, let me elaborate on it for you....if anything happens to Eunsang, I will feed your father to my tiger...I will chop Master Lee's body into 1000 pieces and feed them to the vultures...I will starve your foster child to death, and execute everyone dear to you," He bent down a bit to meet my height and continued with a smirk, "And most importantly, I have promised your husbands that my royal army will follow them shortly to aid them in the war...if you do not comply to me, I will not send my army and they will lose the war...you know what will happen then? The barbarians will detach every limb from their bodies and torture them to death....and do you know who will people blame for this massacre?!" He paused to read my expressions. I grabbed the knife underneath the sleeve of my left hand without him noticing.