Chapter 32: Face off

We saw fiery arrows showering followed by a couple of horsemen. The villagers were screaming and running to save themselves from the fire.

"We have been attacked!" Mother-in-law said, "Soyoung, you stay here...I will deal with them."

"But mother, I want to help too...." I said.

"No...I promised my sons to protect you in their absence. Thus, you are not leaving this house till I return," She looked at Wook and Iseul, "You both take care of her-"

"MISTRESS! WE HAVE BEEN ATTACKED BY THE KING'S MEN!" Seojun came and informed.

"King's men? Here as well?" I frowned, "Mother let me-"

I was cut off by mother-in-law, "Seojun, protect her!" 

Mother-in-law locked us four inside the house and went to deal with the men so that I can't leave the place.

"MOTHER...LET ME HELP YOU...YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO DEAL WITH ALL OF THEM...PLEASEEE!!!!" I banged on the door and yelled but there was no response. 

I ran towards the window to see what was happening.

"HOW DID YOU ALL COME HERE?" Mother-in-law asked the men.

"We followed a woman...haha.." One of them replied.

"They have followed me!" Iseul gasped, "Oh my God...I am so sorry...I am the reason your village is being destroyed..." She apologized to Seojun with tears in her eyes.

Seojun looked hurt seeing his village burn down as he replied to Iseul with a deep sigh, "I don't think it is because of you...it is just fate...our fate..."

"It is not fate! It is me! I am the one because of whom all these are happening...the king clearly wants to end me and that is why he has sent the knights away, captured my family, and now is burning the village down..."

"WHO ARE YOU, WOMAN? AND WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO STOP US? GO AND CALL THE MASTER OF THIS VILLAGE!" One of the men yelled.

"I AM THE MASTER OF THIS VILLAGE!!!" She said while shooting arrows at them. Many villagers gathered around her and started fighting against the king's men.

"YOU HAVE COMMITTED A CRIME BY CREATING A VILLAGE FOR OUTCASTS...THERE SHALL BE NO VILLAGE FOR OUTCASTS! HENCE BY THE KING'S ORDERS, WE ARE BURNING DOWN THIS VILLAGE!!!!" He declared, "MEN! SHOOT THE FIERY ARROWS EVERYWHERE AND BURN DOWN THE HOUSES!"

They started shooting more fiery arrows and the whole village started burning.

"SEOJUN!! LET ME OUT! I MUST DO SOMETHING!" I pleaded.

"My sorry, my lady...but I cannot!" He apologized.

"Milady is capable of protecting herself and the whole village....you must let her out!" Wook argued.

"I am afraid that I can't let you all out no matter what you say!" Seojun made himself clear.

"AHHHH!!!" I saw that the villagers were now shooting fiery arrows at the king's men.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK? ONLY YOU KNOW HOW TO SHOOT FIERY ARROWS?" One man yelled.

Some of the king's men were burned alive.

"See...our villagers are enough to protect all of us! do not worry!" Seojun said.

"ENOUGH!!" One of the king's men grabbed mother-in-law and held his sword against her neck, "PUT DOWN YOUR WEAPONS RIGHT NOW OR ELSE SHE WILL BE BEHEADED!"

"DO NOT PUT YOUR WEAPONS DOWN! FIGHT WITH ALL YOUR MIGHT...DO NOT WORRY ABOUT ME!" Mother-in-law yelled as the villagers looked at each other.

"PUT THEM DOWN RIGHT NOW!!!" He said again and pressed the blade to her neck, making a small cut. She hissed in pain.