Chapter 24: The Beauty with no Brains

Soyoung's POV

"Madam, you cannot rush inside like this", suddenly we heard Wook's voice from outside and moved away from each other.

"YOU DARE TO STOP ME? I AM FROM THE KING'S HAREM! I AM HIS BEST CONCUBINE!" Followed by Wook's voice, we heard a lady yelling.

I looked at Jimin, "Palace?"

Jimin, "You shall hide!" He got ready to unsheathe his sword that was tied to his waist with a golden waist belt.

I quickly hid behind the medicine shelves as Jimin stayed alert.

Soon a lady rushed in followed by Wook.

Wook, "Madam, you can not-"

"You're sir Jimin, right? I need your help." She mentioned in a desperate voice. I looked through the shelves and saw a slender woman who had visible lines of worry on her forehead.

"I have seen her somewhere....but where?" I wondered.

Wook, "Madam, do not force me to drag you out."

"It is ok, Wook. I will deal with it." Jimin said as Wook nodded and left. "Who are you, young lady?!" Jimin relaxed his posture and asked.

"I am Yeji, His majesty's favourite concubine." She curtsied.

Jimin, "And how may I help you?"

"I have heard that your herb store has a remedy for everything?!" Yeji asked in her same desperate voice.

Jimin replied calmly, "Certainly!"

Her eyes twinkled upon hearing Jimin's answer, "I want a potion to enhance my wits." She declared.

Jimin laughed and sat down on the nearby wooden chair, "Young lady, wits cannot be bought....they are supposed to be developed."

"Are you mocking me?" She asked, getting annoyed, "Do you know how important this is to me? I don't want to lose this game....I-I want to become the queen."

Jimin, "Yes but there is no such potion-"

Jimin was cut off by Yeji as she stepped closer to him, leaving only a few inches between them. Jimin pushed his chair back to create more distance between them and Yeji kept walking closer.

"S-Stop!" Jimin stood up.

Yeji placed her hand on Jimin's arm and smiled. There was no trace of worry on her face as she spoke, "If you do not give me any potion, you will have to marry me, sir, because I do not wish to die."

That's when I recalled where I saw her. I saw her in the harem....when all the other ladies were worried about the contest, she was sitting there calmly. The last round of the contest depends on one's wits and knowledge and judging by the way she is behaving right now, it was clear to me that she is a beauty with no brains. I chuckled while enjoying the scene in front of me.

Jimin shoved her hand away and replied, "I-I HAVE A WIFE!"

Yeji raised her brow, "You HAD a wife.....she is dead now and even if she was not, I don't mind being your second wife."

"B-BUT I MIND!" Jimin turned around to face the shelves where I was hiding. He looked at me and pleaded with his eyes to help him out. I just shrugged and shook my head no.

"You deserve this, Jimin...you've been mean to me on so many occasions...now deal with it alone," I whispered so that only he could hear.

Jimin was about to say something but he shivered instead because Yeji again touched his arm, "What are you doing there, sir?"