Chapter 18: Entering the tiger's den

3rd Person POV

Hearing Yunki's voice, Lord Cha and Lady Cha also came out.

"Who is that man you're with?!" Yunki asked, he sounded annoyed and it was probably because of Lady Park.

"Oh him....he is Wook." Soyoung introduced as Wook bowed polietly.

"Is he your man?!" Lord Cha asked sounding suspicious.

"He is the best guard that my father has!" Soyoung said raising an eyebrow.

"All I can see is you're meeting another man in secret who is not one of my sons." Lord Cha said as Soyoung turned towards him.

"Are you questioning my chastity, lord Cha?!" Soyoung frowned as her eyes travelled back to her husbands to study their reactions.

Hosung looked like he understood the situation and believes her, Taehyun looked like he was more focused on the ledger than whatever was happening around him, Namjun looked calm and poised, Jimin shoved Taehyun out of his way and came closer to take a better look at the scene, Yunki had his fists clenched but then his muscles relaxed and he gave an understanding nod, Jeongguk tilted his head and frowned at Wook but then his eyes softened as they met Soyoung's eyes and Jin had an unreadable expression on his face as he opened his mouth to say something but was cut off by his father.

All these commotion seemed to have drawn Lady Cha and Iseul's attention too for they stepped outside to check what was happening. Lady Cha looked confused whereas Iseul looked surprised as she spotted Wook.

"That doesn't answer my question though! And seeing you so anxious and restless, it seems like a thief has been caught red handed." Lord Cha said as the corner of his lips curled up into a smirk. Little did he know that Soyoung was anxious and restless about her father and not about this petty situation.

Wook was about to step into the conversation but Soyoung raised her hand, stopping him with an obedient bow.

"I don't think I owe an explanation to anyone about what I am doing with whom?!" She bowed as Lord Cha was taken aback by her words.

"My lady...." Wook became concerned but Soyoung shook her head for him not to intervene.

Lord Cha, "Hah! Your answer somehow tells me that you are guilty of adultery-"

Jin, "FATHER-"

"I am an eunuch!" Wook finally stepped forward and confessed with a bow. A hush fell over the men before Lord Cha spoke up again.

"Are you trying to save her?!" Lord Cha asked.

Soyoung looked at him in disbelief, "Before questioning anything, why don't you answer your relationship with that courtesan?!" Soyoung pointed at Lady Park, who's face looked pale and she was sweating. "You might not recognize Wook but she might, right?!" She tilted her head looking at Lady Park, "That day when you were conspiring with her, Wook was there in the courtesan house....right next to your room!" Soyoung glared at the kisaeng's terrified face and then at Lord Cha's shocked face as a hush fell over everyone. Lady Cha stumbled at Soyoung's words but Iseul grabbed her.

Lord Cha shouted at her, "W-WHAT NONSENSE ARE YOU SAYING?-"

"Its all here in this ledger, father...there's no denying!" Taehyun stepped forward pointing at the ledger.

Soyoung looked at Taehyun and nodded before speaking, "My husbands would like to take over now, I suppose? I have more important matters to attend to....I'll shall take my leave now! Wook...Iseul...follow me!" She said with a humble bow and without waiting for anyone's answer, she left the garden and went inside. Wook following her right behind. Jin went towards Iseul and grabbed his mother and nodded at her...Iseul bowed with a smile and then went inside too.