Chapter 5: Something's off

Soyoung was inside a dark room, she went near the mirror and looked at her reflection. Her hair was in a half bun and seven hairpins were stuck in it, each of them having a different colour- Light blue, pink, black, silver, golden, green, and purple.

Flashback~

"Let's now seal the marriage bond with these tokens of marriage." The royal priest gave each of the knights particular coloured hairpins and gave me seven colourful rings.

"Lady Soyoung, each of them will come to you and give you a hairpin of a particular colour...you in return, give them a ring of the same colour, ok?" The priest explained as Soyoung nodded.

Flashback ends~

"Soyoung! It's time to go...." There was a knock on the door.

Soyoung sighed and opened the door, Lord Seo was standing on the other side.

"Soyoung!" He grabbed his daughter. "Are you sure about this? This is dangerous! You asked me to believe in you....you promised me that everything will be fine!" He looked at his daughter with teary eyes, "I trust you, my daughter, but all these are too dangerous...you...y-you might end up losing your life....please don't go...don't do it! I'll think of a way to send you out of this kingdom-"

Soyoung hugged her father tightly...putting her chin on his shoulder, she patted his back, "Father, I won't run away.....This war should end! I'll end this and save everyone and I must start this by saving you...."

Lord Seo, "What?!"

Soyoung pricked the side of his neck with a needle.

"Ahh..." He pulled away from the hug and grabbed Soyoung's shoulder, "W-what did you do?"

"Farewell, father!" Tears rolled down Soyoung's eyes. "We'll meet again after I reach my goal!"

"Soyoung..." Lord Seo's vision started to become blurry as he stumbled. Soyoung grabbed him tightly as he looked at his daughter and said, "Y-You shouldn't do this....s-stop w-whatever....." He lost consciousness.

Soyoung sobbed looking at him, "You wanted to send me out of the kingdom, but looks like the tables have turned....." She sighed and called for the maids and servants, "WOOK! MAIDS! SERVANTS!!"

"Is my carriage ready?" She asked

"Yes, my lady!" Wook bowed.

Soyoung, "How's the situation outside?"

"There seem to be many people gathered outside....we believe the crowd extends from our mansion to the knights' mansion!" Wook said.

"Good! You all won't attract attention when you all take him out!" Soyoung looked at her father, "You people remember, right? Where to take him?"

"Yes, my lady!" They said in unison.

Soyoung nodded and handed the head maid a pouch, "He'll wake up after about 3 hours, immediately mix this with something and give him....it'll give him temporary amnesia."

The maid took the pouch and nodded.

"He'll try to come back if he recalls his memory...so mix this with his meal every day and serve him. You all will be able to do it, right?"

"Yes, my lady!" They replied confidently.

"I trust you all! Take good care of him and protect him well!"

"Don't worry, lady Soyoung. We'll protect him with our lives but you please be safe!" The head maid came forward and reassured.

Soyoung put a hand on her shoulder and nodded, "I'll go now! Farewell!" She smiled at them, gently squeezed her father's hand with a sigh, and walked away.