Chapter 43: Jimin's Warning

The next morning, the 3rd noble consort was humming a tune while walking down the hall, going towards the queen's palace.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA......." Suddenly and man came running towards him from the other side of the hall and hid behind him, "SAVE MEEEEEEE, YOUR GRACE!!!!" He screamed.

"WHAT? WHAT IS HAPPENING?" The 3rd noble consort unsheathed his sword, ready to fight.

"I SAW A HUGE RAT OVER THERE...."

"OK, I WILL-wait what?" The 3rd noble consort sheathed the sword and turned around to face the man, "What did you see?"

"A-A RAT!!....ABOUT THE SIZE OF YOUR SWORD!" He said while holding the 3rd noble consort's cloak.

"Argh!" The 3rd noble consort snatched his cloak from him and gave him a look, "A rat as big as my sword?"

He nodded vigorously.

"That would be a dinosaur....not a rat. Stop exaggerating! And it has probably escaped already..." The 3rd noble consort scanned him from top to bottom. He was a lean man like the 3rd noble consort himself with a handsome face and wavy hair that reached his elbows.

"S-sorry, your grace..." He bowed.

The 3rd noble consort tilted his head and asked, "Who are you though?"

"Your Grace, I am the 2nd royal concubine!" He bowed.

"No...I meant your name...what is your name?" He asked.

"I am Chen Ming...my uncle ran the best jewellery business in this kingdom...but sadly he died in the assassination.." He sighed.

"I am sorry for your loss..." The 3rd noble consort said.

"No...actually my uncle never treated me well...so..." He looked down at his feet.

"Why didn't he treat you well?" He asked.

"Well...I am an illegitimate child...so...."

"Do you have a habit of not completing your sentences?" The 3rd noble consort glared at him.

He looked up at him through his eyelashes and pouted.

The 3rd noble consort cleared his throat and asked, "Now why are you looking at me like that?"

"Would you.....escort me to the queen's room...please??" He asked.

The 3rd noble consort stared at him blankly, "Ok! Follow me!"  He said and started walking towards the queen's palace. Ming followed him close behind...

"Do you have a name, your grace?" Ming asked.

"Why, of course, I have a name....My name is Han Haejun..."

"What a beautiful name you have, your Grace...by the way, what do you apply on the skin that you look so handsome?" Ming touched his hand with his forefinger, "Your skin is flawless...it's like you are a supernatural being..."

"Hands off me..." The 3rd noble consort hit his hand with his sword's hilt.

"OWW!!" Ming withdrew his hand and pouted, "That's rude..." Ming looked at his long hip-length ponytail and asked, "Even your hair is so long and silky...how do you manage it?"

The 3rd noble consort glared at him and increased his pace, "You're so annoying..."

"Why are you walking so fast? I am not as tall as you are, I can't walk so fast...wait for meeee...." Ming ran after the 3rd noble consort.

.......................

In Soyoung's room,

"No, put this plant over there..." I pointed at the balcony, "And these two in the corridor...make sure that the entire queen's palace is decorated with plants." I instructed the maids and the servants as they ran around the entire queen's palace with the plants to decorate the palace.