Chapter 1: The Smart Cat

15 years later

A young man was kneeling in front of a grave while holding a bouquet of lilies.

"It has been 15 years.....I was too young back then to understand what was going on!" He placed the bouquet on the grave. "But now I know....and I'm just waiting for the right time to give justice to you..........mother!"

"Jeongguk!! I knew you would be here!"

Jeongguk turned around, "Ahh...Hosung hyung!"

Hosung rubbed his back and smiled at him, "Jin hyung called for a meeting!" Hosung bowed in front of the grave and said, "The time has come!"

Jeongguk nodded at him and both of them left the graveyard.

............................................................

At Seo mansion,

"Yesterday night again another noble's house was looted!" A woman mumbled to the black cat that was sitting on the desk. "I'm sure that whoever is looting the nobles, is not one but at least three because it is not possible to loot a noble's house alone." The lady started to pace around the room while thinking hard. "One to tackle the guards, one to tackle the family members, and the other one to loot! Yes...that must be it!" She banged on the table, thinking that she finally solved it.

"But that is not the important part, Queen. The important part is, that people are crediting them for our hard work! Ugh!!!" She rubbed her temples.

"Meow~" The cat tilted her head.

"Iseul, there's a customer!" A man came in and informed.

"What kind of herb does the customer need, Wook?" Iseul asked.

"It's a woman! And she isn't here for herbs!"

"Oh! Bring her in!"

Iseul pulled a string and a curtain fell from the ceiling, dividing the dark room into two halves.

After a moment, Wook brought in a lady wearing a veil.

Iseul and the lady bowed to each other from opposite sides of the curtain.

"Please have a seat and tell me your problem!" Iseul said and took a seat at the desk.

The lady sat down and looked at Wook.

"Ahh don't mind Wook, he is here for security reasons! As you know it is illegal for women in this kingdom to run a business so..." Iseul laughed mockingly.

The woman rubbed her hands anxiously and lifted her veil and there was a visible handprint on her cheek, "M-my husband...he....." Tears rolled down her eyes.

Iseul sat straight and leaned towards the table.

The woman turned back and lifted her hair, there were visible scars on her back caused by a whip, "H-he w-wanted a son....but I've g-given b-birth to a daughter...so he p-physically assaulted m-me...he t-threatens to k-kill m-me and my d-daughter e-everyday...." The woman burst out in tears.

The cat pulled out a handkerchief from under a pile of beautifully folded expensive women's clothes. The cat went to the woman, jumped up on her lap, and released the handkerchief on her lap.