Chapter 16: Side effect of being a cat

Soyoung and Jeongguk were riding the horse,

"Your clothes are way too oversized for me! Jimin's clothes fit me a bit better." Soyoung complained.

"Is stealing your husbands' clothes a side effect that comes with being a cat?!" Jeongguk asked

"Shut up!" Soyoung hit him on his back playfully as Jeongguk chuckled.

Their horse was passing by a carriage when they both heard a familiar cry, "MOTHER!!! FATHERRRR!!!!"

Both of them looked at the carriage and saw Donghyung with some other kids and armed men.

"Huh? Donghyung?!" Soyoung was surprised to see him and so was Jeongguk.

"STOP THE CARRIAGE RIGHT NOW!!!!" Jeongguk ordered in a demanding voice as he stopped his horse in front of the carriage.

"What do you want?!" The coachman asked.

"Are you slave hunters?!" Jeongguk asked getting down from the horse. Soyoung got down too.

"Its none of your business!" A man came out of the carriage and glared at Jeongguk.

"FATHERRRR!!! MOTHERRRRR!!!!" Donghyung came running out of the carriage but that man grabbed him.

"Hah! Mother? Father?"

"Let me go.....let me goooooo" Little Donghyung struggled.

"Let him go right NOW, YOU FOOL!" Soyoung half yelled at him.

"Wahh really?! You are the first woman I am seeing who is so bold-"

"DIDN'T YOU HEAR HER? LET. THE. CHILD. GO!" Jeongguk yelled at him.

"YAA WHY DID YOU BOTH THEN SELL OFF YOUR SON IN THE FIRST PLACE? YOU DON'T EVEN LOOK SO POOR!" The man yelled.

"I DIDN'T SELL HIM! I GAVE HIM UP FOR ADOPTION!" Jungkook yelled.

"Ok! Even if I believe that then this is business for me. I can let him go if I get something in return!" He looked at Soyoung and smirked, "I need her-"

Hardly did he finish his sentence when Jeongguk's sword was against his neck.

"I will give you nothing and take all the children away from here safely!"

The other men that were in the carriage got out of the carriage and pointed their swords at him.

"Hah! Do you think you'll win against us?!" The man smirked.

"We'll see that....why don't you all try moving your swords?!" Jeongguk smirked.

"What?! MEN ATTACK HIM!"

"RAAAHHHH!" The men tried to attack him but they couldn't move their swords.

"W-WHAT IS HAPPENING?!" The men were confused.

Donghyung took this moment and ran towards Soyoung. Soyoung picked him up and hugged him tightly, "Oh boy, are you hurt?!"

Donghyung was crying and couldn't form any words but he shook his head no.

"I'm sorry you had to go through this, Donghyung-ah!" She rubbed his back and patted on his head to calm him down, "You must be so scared!" She sighed and put him on the horse, "Sit here ok?! Let me go and help your father-"

Soyoung felt a grip on her hand.

"Alright....let me see which one of you I must kill first?!" Jeongguk looked at the men.

"PUT YOUR SWORD DOWN AND I MIGHT LET YOUR WIFE LIVE!"

Jeongguk turned around and saw the coachman pointing his sword at Soyoung.