Chapter 41: Jin's vision

Upon Soyoung's request, Jin held Lord Seo's cold hands to try and read his mind. After holding his hand for quite a long time, he had a vision.

Jin's POV

I opened my eyes and found myself in front of the Seo mansion. It was intact and everything looked good. I looked at myself and gasped...I was in Lord Seo's body and this is the moment just before his death. My hands automatically grabbed the watering can nearby and watered the plants. I can't control the body...I just can experience everything...

After some time, I saw some men coming out of the mansion. they bowed and said, "Our work is done!" They left in a hurry.

"Thank you...but did you all drink the tea-huh?! How strange...they didn't even let me finish-wait what is that smell?" I was shocked at what I said...I didn't mean to say all these...probably it is what Lord Seo said at that moment. Soon a weird smell came into my nose, "I smell inflammable oil...Those men...oh no...." I said and my legs rushed me into the Seo mansion.

"LISTEN EVERYONE DON'T IGNITE THE FIRE-" I yelled and before I could understand what was happening, I found myself flying out of the mansion as there was a blast of flames and the whole mansion caught fire immediately.

I found myself lying on the ground as my eyes were fixed on the dangerous flames. Screaming and crying reached my ears as I saw the maids and servants trying to run from the fire...some were running while their back was on fire and the others were struggling to breathe. I tried my best to get up and my body felt weak. I slowly took out a handkerchief from the pocket and hugged it...soon my eyes were shut and all I could feel was severe burning sensations...

"AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!"

.

.

.

3rd Person POV

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!" Jin screamed while holding father's hand.

"JIN HYUNG!!!!" Yunki immediately pulled away his hand from father's corpse.

"JIN!!!" Soyoung shook him and he snapped his eyes open.

"I-I AM BURNING..." Jin screamed.

"JIN HYUNG...YOU'RE FINE!" Jeongguk rubbed Jin's back.

Jin looked around, he was breathing heavily.

Soyoung cupped his face and said, "You're safe...you're ok!!" Soyoung hugged him till his breathing and heartbeat were normal again.

He broke the hug and looked at her with tears, "I-I experienced what your father experienced...It was painful..."

Soyoung clenched her fists as her cat ears became visible, "I will deal with Sian later...but for now let's bury him!"

The knights, Soyoung, Wook, and Iseul took Lord Seo's casket to Mount Ether in a carriage.

"I don't sense any supernatural energy here..." Jimin admitted.

"Are you implying that Soyoung's mother is not here?" Hosung asked.

"Seems so..." Jimin nodded, "There is not even a single spirit here...it is a very calm and quiet place..." Jimin said.

All of them worked together to bury Lord Seo. Each of them plucked flowers from the nearby garden and placed them on his grave and bowed to pay their respects.

"Mother, I hope you find us and help us!" Soyoung prayed and then clenched her fist, "I am going back to the palace...I have many things to do..."

..............................