Chapter 14: Uncover the truth

Congratulations to me.....I'm finally updating a chapter after about a month 🤡

________________________________________

Soyoung's POV

After Jimin asked me to excuse him and Hosung, I decided to take bath but as I reached the bath chamber, I saw that it was engaged. Thinking that it was mother-in-law inside, I returned back to my room only to find that the room had none of my things in it and it the maids were re-decorating it.

"What on the heck is happening here?!" I asked.

"Soyoung....you're back!" Iseul came rushing towards me and took me to another room.

"You need to do something, Soyoung. Your  father-in-law just gave that wench your room!" 

I chuckled, "Oh so this is how things are going to be huh?!"

"What?!" Iseul furrowed her brows, "Are you letting this slide?! And for what?!"

"No! What is mine is mine! I'm just taking a step down to to take more bigger steps!" I smirked at Iseul and she tilted her head at me with confusion.

"You know when is the best time to strike your opponent?! When they are enjoying their sweet victory!" I said, still smirking.

"Sometimes I just don't get you!" Iseul furrowed her brows.

"Anyways, where is my new room?!"

"Umm...."

"Oh here you are, daughter!" Mother-in-law entered the room.

I bowed and so did Iseul.

"If she mother-in-law is here that means the person who was inside the bathing chamber is that courtesan?!" I thought to myself

"You'll sleep with Jin tonight!" Mother-in-law declared.

My eyes widened, "Pardon?!"

"You need to bear a son with him in order to be the mistress of this house...I don't want that woman here so you should now play the part of a daughter-in-law!"

"But mother-"

"I said what I said! Make her ready and send her to Jin's room!" She looked at Iseul and left the room.

Iseul came and put her hand on my shoulder.

"Ahhh slowly, you fool! I'm with child!" I saw that courtesan passing by the room. She was yelling at the maid who was carrying the train of her skirt. Her hair was wet indicating that she indeed was in the bath chamber! So she was now using the bath chamber for the noble ladies!

She looked at me, "Ahh you! Come and carry the train of my skirt!"

"What did you just say?!" Iseul frowned.

"Why? I'm the mistress of this household and a concubine should listen to me!" She smirked looking at me.

"YOU-" Iseul was about to say something again but I stopped her and went towards the maid who was holding the train.

"You're nice!" She smirked, "But you should teach your lady-in-waiting how to keep her mouth shut!" She smiled looking at Iseul, who was clearly trying hard not to say something.

I asked the maid to hand me the train. She hesitated for a bit but then bowed and handed it to me.

"Let's go! I'm going to the garden to fry my hair-"

I threw the train down on the ground.

"WHAT ARE YOU-"

"I'm being nice! A noble lady must know how to carry her train gracefully and so should you! I understand that you came from a poor background, but its about time that you learn some elegance....'mistress of the house'!" I smiled