Chapter 50: The ultimate sacrifice (Finale)

Ming was walking down the hallways when he saw Haejun sitting on the balcony under the sun with his long silky hair open and wet. He was mesmerized by his beauty and stood there for a few seconds to admire him before he approached him with sparkling eyes, "Your grace...where are you going?"

Haejun was startled by his sudden appearance but he smiled and replied, "I...umm I just took a bath and was just trying to dry my hair under the sun."

Ming looked into his eyes, "You look worried about something, your grace!"

Haejun was surprised by Ming's observation skills, "I am a bit worried!" He didn't say anything further and Ming didn't want to pry so he changed the topic, "Your hair is looking so pretty! If you allow me, I'll assist you to dry your hair, your Grace" He gently touched his hair.

Haejun was surprised but he didn't step back and let Ming touch his hair and slowly nodded his head, "Your assistance would be appreciated!"

Ming's eyes twinkled when he heard Haejun's reply, "I'll be right back, your Grace" He went back to his room and brought an incense pot with him and some dried herbs. He put the herbs along with some incense powder inside the pot and lit it up while Haejun watched him with great interest.

Ming slowly began to wave the incense pot around Haejun's hair, ensuring that it didn't touch the damp strands but instead allowed the warm, fragrant smoke to envelop them. The smoke created an ethereal smoky veil around Haejun's head that made him look like an angel.

As the minutes passed, Haejun's hair began to feel not only drier and more fragrant but also the calming smell of the incense seemed to take away all of Haejun's worries.

When Ming finally set the incense pot aside, Haejun looked into his eyes and smiled at him, feeling both refreshed and calm. "Thank you, Ming. I feel better!"

Ming returned his smile, his sparkling eyes as he looked at Haejun, slightly blushing, "Your Grace...I want to say something..."

Haejun tilted his head a bit, "Hmm? What is it?"

Ming blushed and looked down, "I-I...I like-"

Ming was cut off when Haejun's maid came in and interrupted the conversation, "Your Grace, your meeting with the minister of the treasury has been arranged."

"Oh yes! Coming!" Haejun nodded and looked at Ming, "I need to talk to the minister of treasury regarding the expenses for setting up my business as per Her Majesty's request. Since the knights got arrested, the council of ministers have been busy so setting up a meeting with him was tough....I am sorry, Ming...I'll see you later!" He walks away after giving Ming an apologetic look.

Ming sighed and watched him walk away.

.

.

.

On the other hand, in the dungeons, the knights were reflecting upon the recent events.

"I think Soyoung really had nothing to do with this arrest. I feel like she is speaking the truth!" Jin said.

"On what basis are you saying it, hyung?" Jeongguk asked.

"Because the king said that Soyoung apparently reported to him about one of us sneaking into his room, killing father, and helping the victims out of the dungeons. Think about it, brothers, we never discussed these three incidents with Soyoung ever." Jin explained.

Hosung gasped as realization hit him, "T-That's true!"

Jimin clasped his hands, "That means it's not Soyoung's doing!"