Chapter 20: Getting beheaded

The silent court room became agitated upon hearing Lord Seo's declaration. The knights looked at each other and nodded in some mutual understanding.

"What? You can't disown her like this!" Sian raised a brow.

"Why not, your Majesty? Its the law of this country that parents can disown their daughters anytime they want and it won't need any legal procedure." Yunki, the now minister of justice, said.

"I agree with Yunki here, he has all the rights to disown her and since lady Soyoung and Lord Seo has no relation, he is no more a criminal." Jin, the now minister of defense, said.

"Hahaahaha....is this trial a joke to you all and...DO I LOOK LIKE A FOOL?" Sian yelled. "Very well, if he is not the criminal then I'm forgiving him BUT LADY SOYOUNG MUST BE PUT TO DEATH......." Sian paused and looked at the knights, "If you all don't bring me your wife's head by today, remember that I'll chop off each one of your head and hang them in front of the royal gate."

Namjun was about to say something, "Your Majesty-"

"AND REMEMBER THIS IS A ROYAL ORDER!!!"

"your Majesty, please listen-" Jimin was cut off too.

"COURT IS DISMISSED!!!!" Sian said and stormed off followed by Eunsang.

...........................

"Soyoung, Wook is here!" Iseul said.

"Send him in!" Soyoung said while giving Donghyung a figurine. Iseul nodded and went out to call Wook.

"Is this a horse, mother?"

"HORSE?-THIS....This is a cat, Donghyung!"

"Cat? Why does it has two tails?"

"Because its a special cat. She will protect you always!"

"Milady!" Wook bowed.

"Donghyung, go and play outside!" Soyoung smiled at him and he obeyed.

"What news do you have Wook?" Soyoung asked.

"Lord Seo has disowned you, milady."

"WHAT?!" Iseul was shocked.

"Very good! And?" Soyoung asked.

"And his majesty has ordered the knights to bring your head to him by today."

"OH MY GOD!" Iseul gasped.

Soyoung was about to say something when someone knocked on the door.

"We're coming in, Soyoung." Jin's voice was heard and a little later the seven knights and lord Seo came in.

"S-Soyoung......what did you make me do...." Lord Seo broke down and sat on the floor as tears rolled down from his eyes.

"Father..." Soyoung knelt down in front of him and held him gently by his shoulders, "I know you believe in me....so trust me everything will be alright."

"ALRIGHT? HE ORDERED THE KNIGHTS TO KILL YOU!!!" Lord Seo yelled, "I-I should have never listened to you....I SHOULD HAVE DIED-"

"FATHER! DON'T SAY ALL THESE!"

"That's right...I shall die..." Lord Seo pushed Soyoung away and got up, "I'll let his majesty behead me in place of you." Lord Seo was about to leave but Soyoung grabbed his arm.

"Father, please calm down. I am not alone.....your seven son-in-laws are with me." Soyoung assured him.

Finally he looked at the knights and the knights bowed to him. Lord Seo took Jin's hands in his and pleaded with tears, "I-I was always against this marriage but now that s-she is married to you all...p-please protect my daughter, son. S-she is a bit stubborn b-but trust me she has a good heart. I-I am incapable of protecting my daughter...I'm a worthless old man. What father puts his own daughter to death....shame on me...I deserve to be punished severely."