Chapter 27: Someone familiar

3rd person POV

The village mistress was picking up fresh vegetables from a garden nearby when she saw three young men rushing into the village on their horses. She neither could see their faces nor could hear what they were saying but she assumed that they were trespassers for they were carrying weapons too. Soon the villagers started attacking them and suddenly she heard a woman's voice...

"JEONGGUKKKKK...."

"Huh?! Jeongguk?!" The mistress' eyes widened as she grabbed the hairpin from her hair and threw it toward the attacker.

Soyoung's POV

"AHHH!!" I heard a groan but it wasn't Jeongguk's voice. I opened my eyes and saw that Jeongguk was fine.....I ran towards him and hugged him tightly.

"A-are you fine?" I asked while checking for any wounds on his body. I saw that his wrist was bleeding from the injury.

Taehyun came running towards us to make sure too that Jeongguk was fine.

"I am fine!" Jeongguk assured us while hugging me right back.

Hearing him, I finally released the breath that I was holding and that's when I realized that the crowd was calm now. I broke the hug and looked at Jeongguk's attacker.....he was stopped at the right moment by someone who threw a hairpin at him and it injured his hand.

"Everyone move!!!"

The crowd moved apart to make a small passage and a lady in a veil walked in.

"You?!" Jeongguk's eyes widened.

"I welcome you to my humble abode, young master!" The lady bowed and that's when I realized that she was the lady whom I met in Jeolla province when Jeongguk summoned me.

"So are you the mistress of this village?" Jeongguk asked.

"Certainly!" She replied, "And I am sorry for the inconvenience my people caused you all. Everyone....apologize to them! They are not trespassers and they shall be our guests for as long as they want." 

"We are sorry!" All of them bowed in unison, "We shall serve you for as long as you stay here!" They promised.

"Thank you!" Jeongguk bowed, "I am Cha Jeongguk...this is my hyung Cha Taehyun and this is our wife Cha Soyoung." He introduced us to the villagers as I and Taehyun both bowed.

The villagers seemed confused by Jeongguk's statement. They looked at me curiously but didn't say anything.

"We couldn't recognize the lady because of her attire....we are sorry to trouble you!" Jeongguk's attacker apologized to me while picking up our baggage from the ground and handing it to me.

"Alright everyone.....go back to work!" The village mistress ordered and all of them dispersed.

"Let me show you the house you three will be staying in," She gestured for us to follow her.

Taehyun was quiet till now but all of a sudden she went in front of the lady and tried to peek into her veil to see her face, "You sound very familiar...I think I know you."

"H-huh? Hahaha...y-young master, you're mistaken!" The lady replied.

"Hyung, she is right! You must have been mistaken!" Jeongguk said.

Taehyun scratched his head and came back by my side, "Is that so?!" He wondered and grabbed our horses' reins to bring them with us.

After walking for a minute or so, she stopped in front of a hut, "This will be your home. It has a kitchen, a bathroom, and a bedroom. It is already evening...you all take some rest, I'll send you dinner."