Ch.10 - Hoping For A Better Day

Hey there, enjoy!
____________________________________________

Today was her second day of classes. Half way through, sitting through her second break.

Yesterday's had been sitting in her same spot. Decidedly not hungry and wanting to keep at her book, honestly just felt time fly by, her heart rate and brain waves settling as she relaxed into her literature. Every word flying by faster than the one before, eating up the words as they passed. Barely noticing the room clearing of people as they'd, apparently, much like to spend it else where or any other space aside the classroom they'd been stuck in.

One week and they had already tired of their new routine. Or maybe they were like Charlotte and just didn't want any of this either (although she secretly felt light for the first time in weeks, rejoicing in the feed of education, the stable of schedule and repetitiveness that school brought).

Sadly her start of yesterday hadn't been a good one, she'd planned in stepping out on the right foot today.

Wanting to pick up her book where she'd left off, having not been disturbed by Mr.Downey who had remained at his desk doing what presumably looked like marking for the first bit of break and then gone from the room in a blink of an eye.

She was almost sure that he hadn't seen her, had probably not looked for her, yet she still sat like a bush on a mountain, blending in to the other few readers scattered here and there reading, chatting, munching. The same two students who'd witnessed her earlier malfunction, upfront laughing loudly and then whispering as they watched clips off of one of their iPads.

It had been a good break, and after that they had taken more notes off of an overhead on the importance of proper spelling and writing structure. The bell had gone signalling the end of the class but also the end of Charlottes day and she had rushed in one direction until a bit later she stumbled upon her mothers office where she then found out that as she got off then, her mother wasn't off till at least five.

It was two thirty in the afternoon.

So, unable to find any other way home, she'd holed herself up in her moms office, stuck in the corner, afraid to be seen by the open door by those alluring brown eyes.

The rising bubbly feeling that struck in the centre of her chest when she'd watched him parade on in mid lecture. Finding herself actually interested in whatever he was saying. Something about his thought patterns, she realized, intrigued her. Learning about the teacher before her and the little various things she'd have to get used to over this course.

If she stayed.

Stupid blushing face kept reddening every time Mr.Downey spoke out to the class, peering amongst the crowd.

The sound of his voice as it flowed into open ears. The way he precisely pronounced words.

Was she the only one noticing him in such detail? Is this normal? Well, he was her new teacher. A new face. Sort of. Don't most people notice these things when in this sorta situation? Especially knowing when you're going to be spending a lot of time together?--In the sense of class stuff.

That's what she meant.

Anyways.

Gratefully, he didn't show. Nor did she hear him within her vicinity.

She didn't want to have to deal with her embarrassment any longer. The flush of heat that sparked through her every time she thought about how dumb she was for freaking out. Plus it had been over nothing (not nothing).

Hopefully he too wanted to forget it ever happened and they could both just go on ignoring the fact and or each other.

Limited contact.