Ch.74 - Heroic Or Selfish

NEXT UPDATE WILL BE NEXT FRIDAY.
_________________________________________________

Often things that last lose their beauty. They become plain and insignificant as society and humankind match that par. All exquisiteness diminishing like sandpaper to time. Edges softening, burrowing into backgrounds.

There's many examples to support this too, as once pristine structures applauded for their efforts in producing bigger, newer, sleeker buildings, are now below par compared to those towering skyscrapers surrounding. Same with technology, faster, more accessible, more flashy. A lot of today's world evolves on that notion that old is redundant when new is enhanced. Hell, even education has gotten more vast, more skillful and particular, degrees from the early days barely matching that of what high school students study for todays exams.

It's a system we thrive off of. Competition with ourselves and others, and if one thinks about that realization, does it or does it not almost a hundred percent of the time have to do with money?

Spend green, acquire coin, worth dollar signs.

So what if you swap this idealistic way of living with not pursuing cash but morals, networking, love?

For morals we don't want to hold onto the bigoted, self-righteous, and heinous regrets of our past wrongs, ideas so out of date and so out of proper comprehension, that come from the past. Old flames that have burned the minorities of many people, and we abolish those old out of use ideas with the proper and corrected mental state (as a whole rather than pushed by brave few) that purity, equality and freedom come before all else.

For networking we are influenced by often a mixture of the old and new. We embrace the enhancements made with satellites, human curiosity, and genius of many minds rather than one. Using social media platforms to our advantage, the quickest form of message sent to one device to another, but also encouraging to stay realistically connected. To not let technology become the constant between you and those you seek to befriend, or work for, or go on a date with. To come face to face, to do it the old fashioned way and often the most satisfying way.

As for love, if you ask someone to marry you over text, you will become a viral hit. It's often romanticized as the past being the era of romance--a idea and concept that's extinct. Where human connection is such a modulated thing nowadays that taking a note from the old eras is often seen as the stuff of fictitious love stories belonging to only novels, films, and music.

Love has remained a constant through time. To take risks the same way you've always had, to embrace as tightly as you've always wished, and to be together till the hills grow old with you.

But is romance beautiful because it lasts? Is it not more intriguing, more impactful, and significant when it doesn't? When it can't. When there are rules and regulations still set and constricting those from letting love take it's natural course?

We all want the story of a rose that never dies, of two lovers at sea, something that tastes so bitter it's sweet. Because they could have chose anyone but they chose each other. Hiding behind walls of deception, living private lives of truth, hindered by societies cruelty. But what if they ate all the poison, swallowed down the thistles and left all the scrutiny behind?

Would it be deemed selfish, or heroic, to follow ones heart?

Heroic, Charlotte would say.

What if more than just her and him were involved?

Selfish, Charlotte would say.

Dripping into the slits of her open eyes. Moist and sticky. Coldness is now a constant congruent state that consumes her. Aching muscles worn loose from being held endlessly taut. Bone grinding on withered bone, thrumming a consistent rhythm of gruesome groaning from her parched lips. Churning in her painfully restless state. Trying to stretch the sore and swollen appendage as remembering's flash exceptionally accurate images that have been branded and burned into the backs of her eye lids.