Ch.49 - Reflected Dynamics

Guys, thank you so much for your sweet comments on the last chap. Really comforted my fears concerning the cancer twist in the plot. Really meant a lot and just such a relief to have your support :)

Enjoy!
__________________________________________________

There's a lot of emotions floating around inside the cavity of Charlotte Joseph's chest. There's this imprinting heat ghosting her lips, of curling into Robert's caress, her own embrace tight around his waist as she twists with his tastes. The igniting jolt that spikes through her heart, producing butterflies in the pit of her stomach when she recalls the heated passion they'd shared on the couch, Robert giving into her advances and groaning into her ear. Then there's the aftermath of that--learning of his sickness. Of that emotional roller-coster. Wanting to hold him protectively close, not let the world harm him further while also not allowing herself to break down (though she did). All that was a lot to handle and yesterday had proved to be a day of shock as she sat outside still very much so digesting it all.

But she had made a pact with herself, to move forward, to keep moving and not focus on things she can't change. Honestly, what use is she to him if all she sees is his cancer? His un-defining disease? Exactly what he hadn't wanted and exactly why almost no one knows he had gone through what he had... Or is still. Sort of. Ugh. It still pains her heart to think about it, so she doesn't. She very purposefully focuses on the good and the amazing-wonderful-slightly-terrifying fact that tonight is the night she finally meets Robert's number one.

She is in a state of both enlightenment, like she's floating on clouds--bouncing from each one with a anxiously excited spring to her step--and the other, the opposite, was that Robert would be waltzing in with his daughter by his side. Panic may suffice to cover the later emotion, but it's the fluffy kind. The good kind of nervousness. The easiest, most natural kind of panic.

Because this little girl has had a hell of a life and she's barely half a decade old. Ava has had to deal with more than Charlotte ever had to and all so young. No siblings. Just a caring father, and a protective mother.

Maybe Molly would befriend her. Maybe they could chat or play. God, how strange this all is. But great too.... Really great. Exciting to meet the being who puts that sparkle in Roberts eye. Who he seems to endlessly care about in such a freakishly similar way to how Charlotte does to Molly.

Anyways. They'd be arriving soon and she still has a few things to do before then.

They've set everything up to keep families inside. Doors closed, windows shut but blinds up revealing the greying skies and sure warnings of a thunderous night. Every nook and cranny is clean. Carpets vacuumed, wood floors swept, cushions patted, shelves in order, and counters displaying food. They'd decided to have this evening be more of a pot luck like scenario rather than stressing about buying a couple hundred dollars worth of food and beverages themselves.

People mulled about, the evening just beginning, and Charlotte is trying to keep the cheeriness to a maximum and panicking to a minimum as she surrounds herself with four kids. Each are quite busy, crowded around the table with sheets of plain paper and an eclectic offering of crayon colours.

She's happy. Woke up happy and continues to feel as such because you know what, today is a good day. She'll make it that way--and so far it has been. She's trying out this new technique. Or well, more of a mental aspect rather than a physical thing, but anyways, she is keeping the easy flowing thoughts care-free. Well, besides the anxiousness about Ava, but even that's different, it's good. She blocks out the over thinking thing she does, over processing herself into a wobbly mess.

No Brandon. No Dayna. No drama.

Focusing on Molly, helping her settle in to draw some reptiles, "How goes it? You all good Moll?"