Ch.46 - Come Closer, Be Closer

You're welcome and I'm sorry.

_______________________________________________

The barely audible thrumming of an efficient engine put in park. Heat from the sun glowing on the pale skin of her right side as sits defensively in the leather seat. Buckle un-clutched, a steady click as it had released long ago. Body twisted to the left, facing with round eyes to the man she has interlaced her fingers with. The other hand is on his tracing up his forearm, dancing invisible lines on his soft skin as he leans like a reluctant puppy into his seat. Brown orbs trailing over her form much like the tips of his fingers do on her thigh. Slow and savoury.

It takes a while to detangle, to allow themselves apart after such an emotional day together as they'd kissed on green grass under few clouds for hours having their moment.

Hands outstretched and gripping till skin slipped from skin. Both of them hyper aware of the consequences of Charlotte being seen dropped off by him, like what had happened last time and that whole family debacle. So soft touches, hands lingering on thighs, and she had stepped out of the warmth of his vehicle, walking from the street corner down the rows of houses to the Seattle home as he had zipped by in his Audi. Fists clenched and still shaking, even more so after she gave one last wave off to Robert. Away from her comfort.

She had tumbled through the unlocked door of the Seattle house. A fresh sweat on her brow, and blown pupils in search. All she wanted was Molly. To see Molly. Hold Molly. Keep her safe and happy. Ploughing past her mom who has a grimace on her face, with arms crossed sternly over her chest. Berating after Charlotte to explain where the hell she went today and why she didn't tell her mother about it.

Purposefully ignoring moms thrown words, too much in panic, escaping narrowly up the stairs to barrel into Moll's room. Only it was empty. Fear so striking, so impactful, screwing her into a frozen state with wide eyes and a panicked heartbeat, she whimpered desperately out for Molly, breathlessly.

Her mom was up the stairs in seconds, continuing her rant but stuttered seeing Charlottes panic, suddenly becoming a more concerned mother rather than the usual chewing off of her daughters ear.

A few words, a try for worry, and Charlotte directly asks where Molly was.

Downstairs painting with dad--and suddenly moments later, Charlotte didn't even care as her hoodie now has child's sized grey handprints all up the front and shoulders. Molly tight in her grip, and her dad staring with a watchful eye, and he knew. She knew he knew something had happened the instant their eyes met.

He didn't push her for it, but it did agitate him. Not that he took it out on her, he just got a little testy with inanimate objects.

Later that night, a heated argument was heard bellowed from the kitchen where they had polished off her dads dinner. Her parents seemed to always be bickering now and most of the time it had to with Charlotte (or so she feels).

She doesn't want to tell them what happened today. What happened months ago in Miami, but she does need to tell them something. And have it go better than it did when she tried opening up a bit with her dad. To calm them at the least. Something that won't get her in trouble for going behind their backs, won't get her kicked out of the house, or yelled at in front of Molly. Some understanding would be nice but she doesn't want to lie to them either. It's gonna have to be some twisted, mangled version of the truth.

That or, the look in her moms eyes, the fringing stare that whispers that she might just be kicked out anyways.

Hours gliding by without protest, willing her along as much as time can. Everything crossing her mind, from dusk till dawn her mind feels like it's been left and collected from cracked shambles.