Ch.87 - Him

MAJOR WARNINGS. R*PE MENTION AND IMAGERY.
SKIP CHAPTER IF THIS MAKES YOU UNCOMFORTABLE.

Uploaded the fluffiest photo I could find of RDJ to help ease this chap's heaviness.

20 COMMENTS = 4 of 5 PART WILL BE UPLOADED.
_________________________________________________

She trusts him, she does. He's just under stress, like everyone, and he doesn't handle it like maybe others would. He's more agitated, grumpier. Lately picking on her persistently, complaining about Terry and Jerry's disapproval, how Charlotte should be closer with her mother than her father--which is just, it's weird. But fine. It makes sense, really, when you look at it from his point of view. Brandon's not close to either of his parents and he hates them for it, concentrated on his post-grad education that's going to be acting as his golden ticket to high tale it out of The Dodge Family Home.

He's mentioned more than once that Charlotte should put more effort into her studies, that just because she's got a fully paid ride to university doesn't mean she gets to slack off while he has to bust his ass trying to even get accepted.

She reminds him he'll probably get that football scholarship to St.Harrison. That he's gonna be okay. Rubbing his back to further that sentiment only to get shrugged off.

She gets it, she does. She tries to smile more for him, laugh more for him, and conform to what she thinks he'd want but as her time in Miami comes to a close, nothing seems to please him. That's okay though because she's going to figure out a way to come back home here with Molly and they can continue to be together.

He's nice, he's fine. She could get used to him; being with him. He's eccentric, that's all.

She had never seen him do drugs before, she had no idea he even did them before this night. Though he honestly confessed, she thinks, that he just does it on special occasions. A new tradition. One he offered to share with Charlotte before she started very much so declining, instead accepting more brandy, more vodka, more of her kind of getaway.

Though before they jetted off, she was feeling quite green in the gills about those recent decisions.

"Fuck--You're over thinking and rambling. Just shut-up and get in the vehicle or we're gonna be late picking up your surprise. Jesus, Charlie, it's like you have no faith in me. Don't you love me?"

She never really answered that question, too busy steadying herself against the hood as she puked on the hydrangeas. Brandon made some sound of disgust which she tried to laugh at because it was funny and gross, but then he's pulling her into his car until she's slouched across the seats trying to wipe at her mouth, laughing as she reminisced to when Molly had thrown a ceramic bowl of raspberries at Brandon's face.

She doesn't understand what's going on, but she's warm. She feels nice, content after spending the last three weeks worrying about moving and prepping Molly's things and hoping the six year old will be okay--though Moll seems enthusiastic, excited even. The heats blasting, making her feel more like a melting snowman than she ought to this time of year. Casting a gaze out the window, watching life fall away as they drive on to where Brandon's going to pick up a friend, a mutual friend, someone who personally wanted to say goodbye to Charlotte--though couldn't make it out to her house till late.

It's weird, just them. Brandon and Charlie. They've kind of been dating for a couple of weeks but nothing serious. Again; it's weird, something coiling deep in her subconscious, shouting something too distorted to understand, though that may have more to do with the bourbon Brandon had been passing her throughout the night.

He claims to have had the same amount but, she doesn't know, he seems fine. He only hit two curbs and now, out of the city, there's nothing but yellow lines and a full moon. Brandon's faintly sweating, a drip rolling down his temples and dropping off his chin when he yells at a driver that passes opposite them. She doesn't mention it, she doesn't react because she trusts him. This stupid nonsensical drama that boils inside her is just her being her, just being a typical woman like Brandon had told her.