Ch.14 - Not So Bad

Hey there. It's March 30th today guys! A month till Age Of Ultron comes out! Yay :)

Enjoy!
_____________________________________________

Her grey sweats were becoming a routine of hers. Throwing them on whenever she redeemed her place in the Seattle room. They were old and tattered through and through, yet she hadn't thought to throw them out. She had treaded the bottom left one near where her heals would step on them, dragging her feet across the surfaces she stepped on. White socks always on her feet because she found herself at a constant shiver without having at least a hoodie on (the ice that been gouged inside her chest was starting to need more than layered clothes to keep the chill at bay). Funnily enough it was the same high school hoodie from their school soccer team. The number eleven crisply printed black on the back.

Pulling at the strings as Charlotte sits on the floor with her legs spread, humming along as Molly drew, her music softly playing its raindrop rhythms in their background.

She had it flipped on her more upbeat, happy, music playlist, better fit for a six year old unaccompanied by the pains of the world.

"What you drawing there Molly Monster?" She leans over Molly's shoulder who's sat in front of her with her little legs crossed, hunched over in deep concentration watching as her pencil skates over the filled paper. Little tongue sticking out as she occasionally squeaked in protest of a rogue line.

"Dragon." Molly mumbles, quickly pushing back the hair from falling over her face. Charlotte gently grabs the locks, pulling them gently to clear her little sisters vision and wrapping an elastic around to keep it that way.

"You're drawing a dragon?" She chirps, cheery, and acting in wow (which she was). It's amazing that at such a young age her little sister was beyond Charlottes level of scrambled stick men. "Ooh look how good it is." Only hearing a suppressed giggle in response.

"You gonna be an artist, Moll? Earn millions of bucks?"

The little one eagerly nods, and damn was her sister adorable. Were all siblings this amazing? Surely hers was the best. She couldn't help but hug her live teddy bear, barely living past the cute overload. Just the way her little hands moved, and where she decided colours needed to go on the page. Everything she did was magic erupting in Charlottes chest. The love and adoration she cherished with her sister unattainable for even herself to manage. Not of typical relationship between that of a nineteen year old person and a six year olds, she was sure.

"I'll draw a picture for your story, Char."

She looks over to the half written essay of why she wants to become a writer, imagining what Molly would draw up for her. Probably something along the lines of her big sister eating a taco with heart eyes reading her book. Yeah, probably just about that. S'cute.

"I'd like that little sis." Picking up her own pencil, getting back to why she loves to write so much, even though she was having a really difficult time actually putting down the words. How ironic.

She knew what she had to say but articulating that from floating clouds in her head was a bit more difficult. She'd started out with journaling--just like Mr.Downey had--hashing down her emotions and past from her chest to the page, locking it into the pages and letting go. Something she should be doing now, but today was a good day. She was still chipper from her coffee with Mr.Downey, even though unhappy events had previously occurred, their talk overrode all that. And the fact he stood up for her. She didn't know how to decide on her feelings but she did agree with herself that avoiding him had not proven helpful. He did genuinely care for his students and it showed again. She just got stuck in her big head assuming the worst of people, lowering her expectations so when they turned away it would hurt less.