Ch.36 - Not Warned But Aware

Hey guys next update will be Friday :)

Enjoy!
_________________________________________________

Think about something else--anything else. Think about the test. Yeah. She was pretty sure it went well. Felt good.

Charlotte bit at her lip recalling the tremors of Roberts touch ghosting over her hands as she'd handed the test in. Their eyes locking for only a second as that small smile spread over his lips.

Then a wash of proudness gutted her in the best sense because she was getting better. And she could do this small easy task.

Walk a few steps, look around and viola, done. Easy. Like the way she could (sorta) handle touches and walking close to her friends and kissing Robert. She was doing it and it was okay. She was healing. Slowly but she was. It was something and looking back from where she had come, it felt like a big step. Although her friends were also connecting certain dots about Charlottes mystery self.

Maybe that was okay, that they were... understanding her. She liked the idea of that, maybe. Izzie and George hardly ever touched her unless it was a high five which Izzie quite enjoyed giving out. Sometimes she thought maybe the two of them had forgotten what they'd seen that first day of school but with the gentleness that they treated her with suggested otherwise. Not to say she didn't appreciate that because she very much so did, it was just odd that they figured it out yet her freaking parents hadn't.

Or was that was unfair to say? Her parents knew something was amiss, they just hadn't been afforded much time with her to really notice. They (or more her mother) probably thought it to be more along the lines of acting out rather than anything else. Her dad, well. He had always been able to read her like a book so he was probably just lost and worried.

Maybe she should talk to them. Open up and just give them some information. The little things she herself was just beginning to admit. Like how she wasn't okay but she was getting there now. How she had improved. She certainly wouldn't tell them anything that would get her separated from Molly but maybe if she told them something, they'd lay off and she'd finally have that understanding she so badly wants from them.

She thinks she's ready for that. Might be best for all of them and lessen the cracks between them to be not so wide and not so separating. Or at least let her dad in. That'd be nice. She trusts him (she hopes). As long as she says the right thing in the right way that rightfully explains herself, then all would be fine(?).

But what to say?

Reaching the third floor, exiting the climb of considerably smaller, steeper steps, her eyes round in awe. She knew that some part of her, tiny and squeaking with excitement, was informing her it was what you'd expect from movies or some romantic novel filled to the brim with fluffy conversations and hushed whispers, that this place was indeed all her childhood dreams flushed into one but there was always the other side to it as well.

The opposite little voice in her head, fleeting from accusation to accusation, theory to theory, warned her that there were few people around. That the floors were creepy creaky and fittingly entrenched in potential hollywood horror film types. The books here older, some collecting dust rather than reads. That this place would be perfect for--

Glancing down an aisle, she sees long bent legs with an arched back leaning against a plethora of old covered books sitting on high narrow shelves.

Sitting contently on the stained wooden floors, just as shiny as his expensive shoes, hunched over a book. Invested pupils digesting black ink on beige-ing white paper.

The distant sounds of chatter from the floors below, the odd clatter of clumsy behaviour not stirring the professor from the green leather backed book resting in his palms. Not even her feet as they silently toed over to the man.