Ch.40 - Many Mixed Emotions

Next update will be Friday or 25 COMMENTS = ANOTHER CHAPTER

________________________________________________

"So I'll see you guys tomorrow?" Charlotte questions. Carefully diverting George's awkward shuffle beside Izzie, tentatively looking at her behind the taller blondes shadow.

"Yes you will." Izzie chimes. "Happy Friday it'll be. Thank gosh for the weekend." She sends George a certain stare that has him clearing his throat.

"So Charlotte. Sorry about, I didn't mean to break your phone."

"It's, uhm, it's fine George. Wasn't even you. I just..." Thinking back to the text she received from Dayna, biting at her lip anxiously. "Trust me, it wasn't you." She tries to smile and that makes George smile too. Wide but he is still no less rigid.

He shifts uncomfortably. "I still feel really bad."

"It's ok-kay, George." And she's proud of how she's handling this. She's doing really well and she's even out in the busyness of the hallway while having this conversation. She had been having a good day and that was seemingly carrying her through what could've thrown her overboard.

Bless the good days where she wasn't listing off to the side, teetering on the edge of terror. She'd take ten of those texts from Dayna in swap of those bad days. Still though... Dayna. What is she supposed to do about that? She really, really doesn't know how to feel about it all. She's got like ten emotions swimming just under the surface but the top few, the visible few, had to do with Robert and George. In that order.

As class had ended, Robert had been steadily glancing her way as she collected her things just like every other day. She was quiet at first, not knowing really how to act because her brain was sorta going in every direction for a minute there. It's okay now though. She's kinda got a hold on it. And again, as mentioned, the good days help.

Izzie sighs overly dramatic, yanking on George's sweat shirt, "Come on, Love Bird."

Charlotte reddens at that, chewing at her lip trying to seem nonchalant at it all and reminding herself that it's just a friend thing.

George brushes her off in his own embarrassed way before responding. "Aren't we gonna wait for Jay?"

"Jays gone." Charlotte says, again trying to shoot for being fine and unaffected, which she was. She's just a bit nervous, sorta. "He was the first out the door for his plane home thing."

"Oh, right." Izzie grins, shaking her head as the three of them recall all his excited chatting about being able to leave. "Cali baby." She tskes. "Anyways. We really do have to go."

"Yeah." Charlotte nods, jerkily shoving her hands in her pockets much like Robert would do. "See you guys tomorrow."

So somehow she manages to say that normal(ish) goodbye to her friends. Wave them off just as she always does and she's met with a wave from Izzie and a simple nod from George. She has a bit of a hard time keeping that eye contact with him but she reminds herself that it's just George--and crush or not--he's still just George. Not that she is scared of him or anything like that. She's just... Aware of him now. Him and his emotions, and yes, it makes her sorta nervous. A bit. Okay, maybe a bit more than a bit. But she has her reasons. Yeah.

She has to wait for the next round of classes to begin, knowing that the shuffling students have to clear before she can go see Robert again. She hopes she didn't freak him out to thinking that she was gonna freak out. Gosh. What a pair--they were a pair, right? Or--?

No labels. Right. They were just them and that's what's great. They were, yeah... Them.

It doesn't take long before she's taking those steps back towards 130B. Passing by those struggling few who she doesn't recognize and she realizes that she's comfortable here. That somewhere along the way this hall has become a safe place. This little route was okay. This little routine she has built herself. It's comfortable and simple and it has Robert included (which may or may not be the best part).