Ch.48 - Pizza And Grey Skies

I am so worried that you guys don't like the sudden turn if this book, I mean it was planned since the beginning but is it settling well with you guys? Look at the adorable picture as my apology to you. RDJ being cute always makes me feel better. Any who's. they finished filming in Atlanta a few days ago for Civil War. Onto Europe they fly to continue filming!

Annnyywaayyyss. Next update will be Friday! And the following Monday will be a double upload day!

Enjoy!

________________________________________________

Wind whisking through her hair. A cool breeze that's dulled by the propane heater she curls under accompanied with the blanket strewn tight around her. Feet in double layered socks, legs bent up into her chest as she rests a steaming mug firm in her clutch.

She had been hesitant at first, nervous about being beyond locked doors, but with mirrored big puppy blue eyes and a lot of hugs, Charlotte found herself seated like a cat on the patio. Soft chair cushions underneath her as she watches Molly go dizzy from endless cartwheels across the back lawn.

As great as glancing around a lush green yard is, torn apart in the corner where her dads latest project lay forgotten, she's still fighting the frown on her lips. Though getting up and out has never been an easy thing for Charlotte, even with the promise of freshly brewed coffee. Today proved to be no different as disease clouds her thoughts.

More specifically: Cancer.

Robert's cancer.

A topic of thought that burns her throat like swallowing the vodka assisting her hot chocolate. But it's masked. Just like the way she sits here sipping, distracting herself with the cute shenanigans of Molly's bouncing.

Stale skies blurring the sun this afternoon with the warning of downpour storms. Doesn't matter though, not until the clouds are dumping torrential pools of water, she's gonna be sitting out here watching her sister spread grass stains over the patches of her jean knees.

Cancer.

God.

The drink burns her tongue again, wincing only slightly, not about to confess to herself she might be doing it on purpose. She just... Well. She can't quite believe that Robert's sick--or healed. He is. She has to remind herself of that because he did say that he's okay (for now ((not really))). It's just he doesn't think he'll always be okay. That it might come back. That a manageable amount remains all over his body, contaminating his lymph nodes. And he's coughing. A lot. But he says it might be nothing. It might be a phantom thing.

Well if she has anything to say about that, it's a big fat no. No it's not ever coming back. Not if there's something she can do about it (there isn't).

Her new phone, shiny, lay on the big table beside her. All unscathed and in one solid piece. New number too. Yes she could have just taken out the memory chip of the other one and ta-da all good, but she wants a fresh start (forget those who've harmed her, create more space between them). If someone really needs to talk to her they'd figure it out. She doesn't want to be connected to her old friends from Miami anymore. She's done. She wants a life that's drama free (B-Brandon free) and healing only. To move on and surround herself with healthy minded people.

Anyways.

Her phone is new and great and all. Currently dimming on the page she had left it on, endless researching on the disease Robert fought so hard to beat.

How could Lacy just--just not care about that? How could she be so mean to him?--cheat on him. He said he was writhing in pain tied up to a bed and Lacy just--ugh! It makes her mad and angry and protective. All her quills popping out defensively.