Ch.20 - Loosening Up

So guess what? It's another long one continuing from the last chapter. Might need a recap from previous update if you don't recall where they're at :) eheheh. Hope you enjoy! Thanks so much for reading.

Also sorry if this update was up too early. I'm probably on a bus when you're reading this and wanted it out before I left. Any who's, enjoy!

__________________________________________________

"Just hold it here. Okay. Good. That's perfect Moll." Squinting out over the glimmering water, Charlottes chin resting on the little ones shoulder. Humming encouragements whilst pulling Molly's fingers to hold the stone properly. "See? Just like that."

"Just like that." Molly murmurs, concentrating on keeping the grip as Charlotte let go.

"You think you're ready to give it another shot?"

An affirmative nod full of enthusiasm, almost buzzing out of herself with how much pent up concentration is boiling inside Molly.

"Alright." Stepping back carefully, she watches as her little sister take a silent moment of hope, mumbled words to please, oh please let it skip this time.

"Alright, sissy." Molly echoes, using the same tone Charlotte had. Starting with a rotating spin, much like a dog trying to lay down and rest might so but about a thousand times faster and soon a squeak and jump, letting the pebble fly out smoothly across the running current and skip, skip, skip, skip, three times.

Grabbing the tiny tot, "Molly, that was amazing!" and squeezing her to Charlottes side, earning delighted giggles from her kid sister. "Wanna try another?"

Molly blinks dark lashes at her, shining her blue eyes looking self pleased, nodding her head enthusiastically.

Quickly scanning the ground, Charlotte picked up another proper, skip worthy, stone. "Here you go."

"Thank you Char Bar." Molly bounces delightedly, taking the offer and curling her lip in concentration (Charlotte had done it once and now it's all the little one would do), and proceeded to throw it into the river having it make a record breaking five skips.

A quiet shriek of excitement escapes the tot, jumping gleefully. "I did it!"

Charlotte grins warmly seeing her little sister so excited. "Yes, Molly, you little genius you."

The little one wormed around, jumping over at her sister and hugging her mid section with a much fought off yawn.

The sun was set, just barely enough blue light to see out over the reflective water, dancing with the beginnings white of the moon. The activity had calmed the kidlets, whom all would most likely now be trying to beat Molly's perfect record.

Peering to Mr.Downey just out of her peripheral, she couldn't help the smile that begged to spread further. He's resting on his knees, not a care for the dirt mucking up his pants, showing the three kids the secret to a perfect skipping stone and which ones to look for. His animated eyes traveling amongst his little captivated group. Speaking smoothly, gesturing about like he does and enthralling the huddled group at eye level with him, each humming with their only high pitched questions.

A spiky tuff of hair sticking up where a little arm was around his shoulder, the young boy probably just brushed his tiny hand there on accident, not noticing the hairs left state.

Passing around a few rocks, Molly bounded over curiously, nudging herself on Mr.Downey's other side, already asking a few questions if her own when a voice echoes off the thick treed shore.

"Kids!" A women calls out, and each of the six year olds knows that tone, snapping soundlessly to it like a deer to headlights. That's the we're leaving, tone.