Ch.35 - Library Full Of Grace

Next update will be Monday!

I suggest a read back at the last few chapters as its been a while and Im not sure if the chaps were seen because I uploaded them at such an odd hour and then didn't mention I'd uploaded new chaps.

_________________________________________________

She walks one step at a time, close to Jay's side as they walk briskly through the hall. Not that she's having an 'episode', no. She's just still a bit nervous walking through unfamiliar halls, but she's pretty sure she got lost down this one (she wouldn't admit that the group of guys who had pestered her earlier on for her name were walking just in front of them and making her feel jittery). Whatever the matter, she joined in simple easy chit chat, which she could do. She could. Her friend bouncing with each step as they stride along to the library with the rest of their peers. Izzie and George hot on their heels.

"How's Molly doing?" Jay asks casually.

Charlotte smiles, thinking back to just this morning. The little mop of tiredness that had followed her around while Charlotte sipped at her steaming cup of caffeine. How the little one had almost resorted to a tired beg, wishing her mightiest to be allowed to stay home with their dad for the day.

Her new (adding not replacing) f-friends had found that to be Charlottes sweet spot to warm her up in conversation, asking about the six year olds shenanigans and adventures seemingly let stuck words flow freely from the nineteen year olds mouth. Plus an added bonus that today was a good day for her. Light, and free of heavy thoughts (maybe just maybe that had to do with her growing time with a certain Mr.Downey that had elevated her comfort levels up to producing more of the endorphins she was so often lacking in).

"Molly's Molly." She lightly laughs, shaking her head. "Her newest obsession is climbing anything that can support her weight. So that's been exciting." More like stressful if she's being honest. Very, very stressful.

Jay looks like he's lived a bit if that stress as a colourful expression fixes on his features, bobbing his head in understanding. "Sounds like my older sister when we were kids. She practically lived in our treehouse till she moved out."

Charlotte raised a curious brow, ideas lighting up for her little Molly. "A tree house, huh?"

"Oh yes. The old thing that my parents had built with us but needed constant repairs because we were just as wild as they were as kids. We were extremely fortunate to have it. I don't know where else our imaginary friends would live if it hadn't been there."

She smiles at the mental image of her own childhood invisible friends. The ones who accompanied her before her sisters arrival. "Oh, I went through that faze as well. Banjo Haysworth and Dan Dark. Wow. Haven't thought about them in a while."

"I bet dollars to doughnuts that most of the people in this class had--or have, no judgement--some sort of form of that hidden away... Us creative types." Jay voices dramatically. "Special snowflakes we are. My dad enjoys bugging me about my often occurring 'streaks of crazy nonlinear thinking' as he puts it. Not that he's serious. He knows where I get that gene from."

That sounded very familiar to her own family dynamics. "Sounds like my dad and I--" (or at least how they used to be). "We used to be crazy for camping. Be it in the living room or under the dining room table, it was still our little camp adventures." Gosh, things she hasn't thought about in what feels like a long, long time. She hasn't thought about much besides her more recent past. She's almost forgotten who she is without her panic. Like a white sheet splotched with life but only the dark red that still hasn't quite dried over throwing everything else.